random star generator

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
jikbar

random star generator

Post by jikbar »

ive made a simple star generator in Visual Basic 6 (my native language, lol) for my space game

but since ive noticed that a few people are also making space games, ive uploaded to my site. download it here:

http://buggygames.clawz.com/RanStar.exe

its very simple, just some stars in random places with random brightness, but it saves me a lot of hassle!
arras

Post by arras »

:) nice ...I was making my skysphere texture manualy in Phothoshop. You should have posted this few days earlier :wink:

thanks
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Thanks!

Very nice and usefull...
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

this is SWEET and I havent even downloaded it yet...

I'm one of those people working on a space game and was playing freelancer the other day and thinking about this type of thing...thank you so much I'm sure this will save alot of time.

EDIT:: ok I downloaded and ran "ranstar" and I'm thrilled for what it will do for me although it's not the "star partical generator" I had hoped for...

none the less it will save me alot of time also and looks like a very professional tool.

Now get to work on the "space dust" particle generator *grin*

*Cracks the Whip* 8)
arras

Post by arras »

Midnight >>
I spended last days making one, I looking forward to see yours, hope you will post your results. :)
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I'm currently devoting all my time to GUICE as I know once it reaches a final version it will be an essential Irrlicht design tool at least IMO.

Once I begin working on my space game you can be sure I'll release it to the Irrlicht community... BTW arras where is your project at I havent seen any new space games floating about latly?

I'll go check your site I suppose that would be a good place to start looking.