GTA/Underground style game

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
coder2000

GTA/Underground style game

Post by coder2000 »

I am working on a techdemo for a GTA / NFS Underground style game. I am basing it on my home city and would like some help in the modelling and coding. If you are interested please email me at coder2000 [at] gmail.com. Thanks.
bal

Post by bal »

Do you already have something to show?
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

not reallly. I am currently working on terrain loading and then newton integration. Other than that it just loads a model and moves it.
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

if anyone is willing to help with the terrain it would be greatly appreciated.
hansmbakker

Post by hansmbakker »

i can help you with some coding, and i can give you a beautiful car model: the nissan calsonic skyline gt-r.

there are a few conditions:
1. that you won't give the model to someone else for now because i've worked very hard on it

2. that you use ode instead of newton for the physics so that i can compile the game on linux

i will e-mail you a render of the model.[/img]
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

ODE can be used. Unfortunately no license for vehicles with this game. so all vechicles have to be made up. Sorry. A linux version would be great as well. The initial code I wrote was with VS.NET 2003 but I am currently working on moving it to Dev-C++. (not as big a move as it seems. just have to change the way the project is setup mostly.)
hansmbakker

Post by hansmbakker »

i think you can't use dev-cpp when you are using a physics engine because the only compiler that can compile ode (or newton) is the vc++ compiler. (dev-cpp is using gcc)

have you received my email with the picture of the car?

i succeeded in compiling ode and irrlicht on linux so i think we can make a linux version.
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

no I have not received it. and if ode can be compiled on linux it can be compiled with mingw as both compilers are gcc.
The Hellcat

Post by The Hellcat »

so can u use newton or ode with dev-cpp?
HTML/CSS/Javascript/ASP/PHP/SQL/XML/QBasic
Next Up: C++
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

yep

Post by Guest »

Why the hell are you talking about compiling newton? Why not just use the dll? :?
hansmbakker

Post by hansmbakker »

1. i've sent it to your msn address, i thought you would be using that as your e-mail address (maybe hotmail thinks it's spam, so you can check that)

2. i don't mean that you have to recompile engines, but you won't be able to link programs with dev-cpp with those engines because they are compiled with vc++ which uses a different compiler and linker.

btw, the gcc windows compiler is not the same and not as good as the linux version.
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

Thinking about it I like some of the features provided by VisualAssist that aren't available in dev-cpp. not that it really matters. That and I already started in VC++ so why change.

The model looks cool. We could definitely use you.
hansmbakker

Post by hansmbakker »

1. do you want the model as a .3ds file or as a .blend file?

2. i can help you but not as a permanent member, i can write things for you now and then, or i can make a gui or so. i have a ready ode game with the source from a spanish site, maybe you can use that. (the models are included with the binary which you have to download yourself from http://usuarios.lycos.es/spsteam/rudepnascity.zip, i'll send you the source (somewhat optimized))

3. what is 'we', i thougt you were alone?
coder2000

Post by coder2000 »

1. 3ds
2. Ok
3. My brother is helping me out.