Make a game...

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
powerblazer

Make a game...

Post by powerblazer »

Hey, I'm a begginer to the engine and I've worked my way through the tutorials, and I've decided to try to make a simple small game, I'm looking for some other noobs to help and learn(experts would help to :) ). So anyone wanta give it a try?
bal

Post by bal »

If you have enough C++ skill, start with it. If you occur any problems, just ask and we'll try to help :).
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
powerblazer

Thx...

Post by powerblazer »

Thx a lot, I'll take you up on that offer when I getta prob that I can't solve.
darkliquid

Post by darkliquid »

If you want to team up and work on something, I'm game. I'm online 90% of my waking moments, so I can communicate most of the time, except during the day for Monday, Tuesday and the morning of Wednesday.

Currently, I'm slowly hacking away at the algorithm for controlling the blocks of a Mr.Driller-style game.

Anyway, if you want to do something, give me a shout. I'm still fairly new to the engine.
http://www.darkliquid.net - Blog, art, poetry
powerblazer

Cool...

Post by powerblazer »

I'll take you up on that offer, cool website by the way, so how do you wanna get started?
darkliquid

Post by darkliquid »

Well, I think our best bet is to:

1) Decide on a simple game/application to work on (possibly my Mr.Driller thingy?)
2) Sit down and design a simple framework, draw up some plans and what not so we can easily assign jobs to ourselves so we don't overlap on various tasks.
3) Work on the stuff, keep each other updated via mail/ICQ/Jabber/IRC and maybe get something with CVS access so we can use that to work on something
4) Code, learn, finish.

First of all, we just want to bounce some ideas around. I suggest we either mail each othr, use ICQ/Jabber or make use of the IRC channel. Once we have that setup, we can draw up some plans from there.
http://www.darkliquid.net - Blog, art, poetry
powerblazer

Your e-mail address...

Post by powerblazer »

K, e-mail me at powerblazer@hotmail.com and from there we can get on too the planning and real-time communications, I don't really care what kind of game we do as long as it allows me to get better at the engine.