Graphical User Interface Creation Editor *NEW 10-27-04*

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Tech^salvager

Post by Tech^salvager »

Wow nice Midnight
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Got it now. Works great.

I had no trouble creating a new project with MSVC++ adding the .cpp and getting it to build. That is probably one of the few examples I've ever downloaded that built properly for me. :)
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Electron

Post by Electron »

nice. It's amazing how little code you use to create a functional GUI editor as well. Displaying the grid should be able to be done with a loop instead of all that repetitive code, however, but it's quite nice
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

EDIT:: Post Removed By Midnight
Last edited by Midnight on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I'm going to give it a few tweaks and let it loose on my project to see what they come up with. I'll send you what I have when I get round to it, shouldn't take that long really and I'll let you know what our artist thinks about it.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I would like to keep it familiar with a Photoshop imitation interface, I don't know the way you want to go with it but I think that it's the best option for me. I agree with the need for tools such as this for Irrlicht, it is something that the engine is lacking.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I'm sort of working on that as well as 5 other things, but the first two things I would like to change are to show the order of GUI elements ( working on that ) and to try and make things a little easier with a couple of "borrowed" features from Photoshop. I'll come back when I've got a little more done, I put it into an easier to read class system since I get the feeling it could grow from here quite a bit.

I'm usually on MSNM when I'm not at work or out so you can try to catch me on that if you want to chat about it.

Post by Guest »

O man I have been woundering how to do that since the very beginning of GUICE.

there are alot of things I would like to know how to do actually...like C++ lol

I have alot of things I would like to add but basicly you see the extent of my knowladge in GUICE itself which is also why I started hosting it because I'm basicly stuck.

I have taken a few advanced coding tutorials and understand console programs very well.. I also know what MFC is although I've only researched that as far as the cryptic name... I guess I'm not a born programmer and without schooling I'll never be anywhere near the best...and tyn if you like this project enough to do some heavy work on it in the end I'll owe you the credit entirly...I've added you to messenger keep an eye out for me but I'll be out of town for a couple days also...

the problem I'm having is basicly understanding how Irrlicht is coded and how to incorperate "windows" programming into it... you know the basic stuff all the basic knowladge I lack from not ever having taken a class on C++ in my life. hell I only own 1 book and it's very advanced and that was given to me recently I havent even started reading it only skimming through to get an idea of what it was talking about.

I'm sure in time I would have been able to add anything to guice that I wanted however who has time to wait? and with the EXTREAM lack of projects Irrlicht has actually turned out (compared to say ogre3D which has alot of posted projects and is Irrlicht's only equal IMO)

But ogre is not user friendly enough to teach a person like me how to be a game programmer which I actually depend on learning as a career goal of mine. phew... if this doesn't work I figuare I'll just go be a ski bum working on the mountains in colorado but thats not really high on my list of desires to tell you the truth.

not to mention getting anything done with GUICE with this new (crappy) job I have is nearly impossable...

So... if anyone has any jobs for a modeller mapper out there you just give me a ring. 8)
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

awww my cookies were ookied... thats my guest post above

Last edited by Midnight on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRLG

ideas

Post by TheRLG »

I'm no big coder yet, but just some ideas I think we should work towards:

::background pics
::graphic buttons with
-normal state
-hover state
-hit state
-disabled state
::Options able to be set up in XML

Again, just saying my ideas. The GUICE looks great so far!!! GJ
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Hey m8, I know I'm not on the computer atm but if you've got an email address then I'll send you over the code I have to look through. I've made it a little clearer to read and it's not too different from your code so you should be able to progress some from there. I've also added the beginning of the layer system, still needs a bit of work.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Very Much Appreciated Tyn,

Actually I Included my e-mail in the READ ME that came with GUICE.rar

I've also added My E-mail to the MSN Button below and I've already added you as an MSN buddy in messenger.

Can't wait to see the work you've been doing I'm sure I'll Learn alot.. I've been working on a few things myself.