irrWeatherManager 0.0.5 - weather system for Irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Krad

Post by Krad »

Could you upload the manager to another site, my country is considered terrorist and I can't download from sourceforge

excuse my English please
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Oh, in that case the export option of the project should be changed. I doubt it uses encryption software. But how did you get Irrlicht in that case?! Since we have AES onboard we have to mark ourselves export restricted :?
charl3s7

Post by charl3s7 »

I can't get it to work!

It keeps giving me errors like 1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall irrWeatherManager::updateWeather(void)" (?updateWeather@irrWeatherManager@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function _main
//Charles
cobra

Post by cobra »

charl3s7:

You have to compile irrWeatherManager with MSVC, and then you have to link against that .lib file when you use it in your applications.
Josiah Hartzell
CarlS

Post by CarlS »

Hi Cobra,

I know that irrWeatherManager was put on hold to complete another product, but I was wondering when development might resume.
I held off on integrating the first version of irrWeatherManager into my 3d viewer after I saw the screenshots of the improvements from the pending second version.

Thanks,
--Carl
cobra

Post by cobra »

CarlS:

I can't accurately predict when development will resume.

I suppose I could try to clean up some things and release it.

The only problem keeping me from a release was one little rendering bug it has, which almost makes it unusable.

When I stopped working on it, I also stopped looking for the bug and put it on hold.
Josiah Hartzell
Pazystamo

Post by Pazystamo »

In your code source you claim that you wrote it and deleted my ATMOsphere credits. That's not very nice, my source code in your project are about 40%...
My project in forum- ATMOsphere - new dynamic sky dome for Irrlicht
CarlS

Post by CarlS »

Cobra,

It sounds like it would be best to wait for the bug fix before releasing anything.

Thanks for the reply,
--Carl
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi Pazystamo,

It seems that, in the process of separating the classes you wrote for ATMOSphere into separate files, I did neglect to include your license and credits.

Although, in readme.txt included with irrWeatherManager, I did include this line at the top:

A lot of credit is due to Pazystamo and Bitplane for their two great projects:
ATMOsphere and Cloud Scene Node
I will certainly add credits to the separate atmosphere files. :)

Sorry about that.

- Josiah
Josiah Hartzell
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

I am wondering if I could join your little project in order to bring some Visual Spice.... to the clouds and other things with my shaders especially put all the techniques from the papers into practice, I would be looking forward to introduce spherical harmonix as a mean to give a cloud a more "all round" illumination in addition to atmospheric scattering and cloud shadows.
polylux

Post by polylux »

devsh wrote:I am wondering if I could join your little project in order to bring some Visual Spice.... to the clouds and other things with my shaders especially put all the techniques from the papers into practice, I would be looking forward to introduce spherical harmonix as a mean to give a cloud a more "all round" illumination in addition to atmospheric scattering and cloud shadows.
Now that's a plan!
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
macron12388

Post by macron12388 »

polylux wrote:
devsh wrote:I am wondering if I could join your little project in order to bring some Visual Spice.... to the clouds and other things with my shaders especially put all the techniques from the papers into practice, I would be looking forward to introduce spherical harmonix as a mean to give a cloud a more "all round" illumination in addition to atmospheric scattering and cloud shadows.
Now that's a plan!
Can't wait to see the results of this teamup!

Keep us posted on this. :D
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

still not responding
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi Devsh.

The offer sounds promising. I would, however, like to keep overall development of the library to myself, since I created it for the purpose of using it in my game.

Having said that, it'd be nice if you could do what you plan to do with minimal intrusion into the existing framework so that visual improvements could be removed completely with ease if they had to be.

Moreover, any code included with the release would have to be under the zlib license.

The additions you mentioned would be great. I look forward to talking it over with you via forum PM.

Thanks.

Also:

I fixed the rendering bug in irrWeatherManager.

My birthday is on January 5th, and New Years holiday starts on December 23rd. I'll probably be preparing the new releases of irrBullet and irrWeatherManager starting December 23-24, and then releasing the latest versions on my birthday (Jan. 5).

The upcoming releases have many improvements and new features.
Josiah Hartzell
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

what you mean if I change code in the library you wont keep it?

and yeh sure ZLIB my code....