Project WBD

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Tech^salvager

Project WBD

Post by Tech^salvager »

Hello all
We have started this project about a week ago and so far have a team of 4 people
Tech^salvager-leader-semi coder
Nuclear.Bomber-Modeler-map design
Strestout-music for the game+helped us with the license+and he is the story line creator.
Bass-looking for different free textures and Information. Also I believe he is trying to learn some 3d modeling

Now here is a summary of what the game is about credited to Strestout1

Qoute from Strestout1 at the skyos forums
"About Project WBD

Project WBD is set in a parallel Earth which has not seen war in decades due to the unification of mankind in celebration after the defeat of the Kage Empire in 1954. The modern world is comprised of various unified nation-states, which have prospered greatly thanks to this newfound peace. One such nation-state, the European Union of States (EUS), has emerged as the new world superpower possessing a majority of the world’s wealth, as well as technological and scientific resources which it has been using for decades to bring underdeveloped nations around the world to the state of modern technology and convenience which it enjoys. But an underground faction has begun gaining strength seeking to destroy the EUS and become the new world order…

Prepare for one of the most intense experiences of your life as you enter the world of Project WBD, an open-source, first-person shooter, similar to Quake and others. Based on the Irrlicht engine, Project WBD seeks to achieve what few other free projects of its type have successfully done: to create an intriguing world with a rich history, and to make the best looking, most fun shooter this side of FREE!

Project WBD will put you in charge of Stone, an EUS super-soldier in charge of ridding the world of the rebellious, and extremely dangerous, Pyesvee Faction. Fight your way through industrial complexes, crumbling cities, desserts, and sewers. Immerse yourself in the world of Project WBD.

Game features planned for version 1.0:
• Beautifully rendered environments
• Intriguing storyline
• Large selection of weapons including pistols, shotguns, machine guns, and explosives as well as unique weapons created for the game
• In-house developed music
• Ambient sounds
• Detailed player models
• English and Spanish translations

While there is currently no set date for the release of version 1.0, the Project WBD team is working hard to get a tech demo for everyone to try. This demo will be announced shortly before its release. If you wish to join to the team, please contact the staff."

Now we are in need of coders and modelers if you would like to join you post here send me a PM. If you want to contact me via email here is my email Tech.salvageratgmail.com where there is that at in the email addrress replace it with a @ sign. Yes we know It will take a long time before stuff starts to come out the looks good but if you don't start somewhere, you won't get anywhere.
Thanks for looking at our project
Tech^
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Sounds like you have a plan, cool. We've started picking up a team now, I think it's around 4 or 5 right now, I think it's a matter of getting some stuff for others to get excited about, then more people help out. It seems you have quite a nice sized team already so good luck m8 :)

Post by Guest »

Tyn wrote:Sounds like you have a plan, cool. We've started picking up a team now, I think it's around 4 or 5 right now, I think it's a matter of getting some stuff for others to get excited about, then more people help out. It seems you have quite a nice sized team already so good luck m8 :)
Yep got a plan. Will take a while. Here is are forums for the game that we just recently got up and working. Tyn are you on the team with 2080? sence you have that link that leads to 2080
Tech^salvager

Post by Tech^salvager »

That was me
here is the link to the website
http://nuky.meinman.com/projectwbd/bb/index.php
Tech^
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Yeah, me and a couple of others are working on it right now and progress seems to be picking up so far, still a long way to go tho.

Good luck with your project.
Tech^salvager

Post by Tech^salvager »

Well I am going to put a notice out
We are in need of a second programmer
Espicaly someone that knows openGL
give me a pm, email me, or post in the forums.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Have you gotten Irrlicht to compile in SkyOS or are you using another OS for this project?
Crud, how do I do this again?
Tech^salvager

Post by Tech^salvager »

As of current no. Since I do not have a copy of skyos neither am I on the beta team. I will be using windows as of now. www.skyos.org
IRC.skyos.net #skyos O go be wither Tech^, justin, Tech^salvager.
Tech^