EditIrr

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Should we keep working on this?

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes: 87

sudi

EditIrr

Post by sudi »

We are happy to announce the release of EditIrr Alpha 1.0

It is a SceneLayout Editor for Irrlicht.

Programmers:
  • 3DModelerMan
    Sudi (me)
It uses Irrlicht for rendering and wxWidgets for GUI.

Currently it supports all basic things you need to create a Irrlicht scene and even more.

Features
  1. Undo/Redo System
  2. Adding/Removing SceneNodes
  3. Adding Animators (currently you can only remove them with undo)
  4. Custome SceneNodes (via plugin check the Plugin folder)
  5. Custome SceneNodeAnimators (via plugin check the Plugin folder)
  6. Moving/Scaling/Rotating SceneNodes
  7. Saving several Nodes as a prefab (select the nodes and then hit File->Export (prefabs are saved in the Library folder))
  8. Loading created prefabs (Add->Add Object)
  9. UserData (yeah finaly a editor that uses userdata :D )
  10. Copy selected SceneNodes (shortcut ctrl+shift+c)
  11. Material Editor (will feature more in the future)
  12. Copy a Material of the selected SceneNode (shortcut ctrl+c)
  13. Changing Parent-Child relation by simply draging SceneNodes in the TreeView
  14. Scene loading/saving (of course)
  15. Change working directory to directly have relative filepaths for your game
ok can't think of anything more yet.

anyways some pictures:
ImageImageImage

And last but not least the Download(Rev 175).

PS: incase you wanna checkout the source or even contribute to the project there is an svn repository on sourceforge
Last edited by sudi on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
nathanf534

Post by nathanf534 »

Very nice :D

suggestions:
allow resizing of the scene graph tab,

for the moving arrow, make it so you drag it the direction the arrow is pointing to move it, instead of right/left no matter which direction it is, that gets really annoying.

btw, the material editor is amazing :shock:

also, it won't let me delete the default scene node (the dude with the axe), but I can delete others I add

and when I import a .b3d mesh, it doesn't show up anywhere

that should keep you guys busy :P keep up the good work

edit: and changing to orthographic makes everything go crazy
while(signatureEmpty){cout<<wittyComment();}
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

This is just plain awesome! :D 8)
Will get the source and edit improve etc whatever I can.
The IrrEdit Monopoly has ended!(If I may say so) :D
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I think it's safe to say I have a man crush on you now.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I ran the EditIrr on my pc and whenever I want to change video mode to DirectX 9 it just jumps back to Ogl after I restart the editor. :?
And also a feature you could add is PathCreator so we could add paths for objects Etc to follow. :wink:
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nice one Sudi eally versatile to have the source too, allows ability to add stuff like your own shaders in the preview or xeffects in the viewer easily, i know blind did it with irredit scripting but it seems rather difficult and time consuming to report your own code twice.

I am currently making a gpu powered(hopefully realtime when done) radiosity processor in irrlicht, maybe can write it as an addon so irredit has no extra advantages over this :wink:
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
sudi

Post by sudi »

nathanf534 wrote: suggestions:
allow resizing of the scene graph tab,

for the moving arrow, make it so you drag it the direction the arrow is pointing to move it, instead of right/left no matter which direction it is, that gets really annoying.

also, it won't let me delete the default scene node (the dude with the axe), but I can delete others I add

and when I import a .b3d mesh, it doesn't show up anywhere

edit: and changing to orthographic makes everything go crazy
resizing the tab is a good idea we will probably add that.
the moving thing however yeah...we will see what we can do :D

However i can't reproduce your problem with deleting the default scenenode. what os are you running?

also just tried to import a b3d mesh works just fine. maybe try double clicking it in the scenegraph and scale it up?

and last the orthographic view is not done yet.

keep in mind still a alpha
ACE247 wrote: This is just plain awesome! Very Happy Cool
Will get the source and edit improve etc whatever I can.
are you planning on contributing your changes? would be awesome
ACE247 wrote: I ran the EditIrr on my pc and whenever I want to change video mode to DirectX 9 it just jumps back to Ogl after I restart the editor. Confused
And also a feature you could add is PathCreator so we could add paths for objects Etc to follow. Wink
Simple reason for the driver thing is we are using the standard gcc build for it and directx isnot compiled to that dll. i will add directx support when i download the dx sdk...
btw when you are writing plugins you have to do it using mingw as compiler...maybe this will chage in the future
omaremad wrote: Nice one Sudi eally versatile to have the source too, allows ability to add stuff like your own shaders in the preview or xeffects in the viewer easily, i know blind did it with irredit scripting but it seems rather difficult and time consuming to report your own code twice.

I am currently making a gpu powered(hopefully realtime when done) radiosity processor in irrlicht, maybe can write it as an addon so irredit has no extra advantages over this Wink
btw shaders currently i am working on registering custom shader materials and a lightmanager....so next thing you will see is my deffered rendering pipeline inside EditIrr :D

That radiosity processor would be awesome, ModelerMan or me could write the plugin once you are done bc we already know our messy code base :D

And thanks to all for the positive feedback this really helps us to keep going.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Yeah there's no D3D driver yet. If you find any bugs or have any feature requests you can put them in the tracker on sourceforge, and also if you have any bug fixes or features you can submit a patch.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

2 very talented individuals :) (Good work on keeping this a secret, so many features already :shock: )
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
ArakisTheKitsune

Post by ArakisTheKitsune »

Good work. I was hoping to see something like this ;)
Knowledge is power, understanding is wisdom.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I personally like the user data feature. very nice.
nathanf534

Post by nathanf534 »

However i can't reproduce your problem with deleting the default scenenode. what os are you running?

also just tried to import a b3d mesh works just fine. maybe try double clicking it in the scenegraph and scale it up?
I was able to delete the default scenenode this time right after opening editIrr... maybe a side effect of some bug from all the other stuff I tried...

and for the importing .b3d, I found this in the logs:

Path: Filepath: C:/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d

Call script func done

RETURN FILEPATH: :/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d
Could not load mesh, because file could not be opened: : :/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d

It seems that the drive is being chopped off, I tried running the program as an administrator and it still did that.

I'm using windows 7 professional 64 bit.
Last edited by nathanf534 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pera

Post by pera »

great gui choice.
sudi

Post by sudi »

nathanf534 wrote:

I was able to delete the default scenenode this time right after opening editIrr... maybe a side effect of some bug from all the other stuff I tried...

and for the importing .b3d, I found this in the logs:

Path: Filepath: C:/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d

Call script func done

RETURN FILEPATH: :/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d
Could not load mesh, because file could not be opened: : :/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d

It seems that the drive is being chopped off, I tried running the program as an administrator and it still did that.

I'm using windows 7 professional 64 bit.
Go to settings and change the Root directory. i guess its set to one of ours and only the drives matches...
nathanf534

Post by nathanf534 »

Go to settings and change the Root directory. i guess its set to one of ours and only the drives matches...
I did this, and now when I click on settings, it instantly crashes :/

and now half of a word is chopped off of the path :P

Code: Select all

Path: C:/Users/Nathan/Desktop/Filepath: C:/Users/Nathan/workspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d
Call script func done
RETURN FILEPATH: rkspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d
Could not load mesh, because file could not be opened: : rkspace/SpaceGame/destroyer.b3d
I took a look at the source but couldn't find what file the code for this is in.