Finally, a DirectX 10 video driver for Irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Know that, I mean a binary of the DX11 driver. I'm trying to compile it but I'm getting the errors I referred to in this post:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight=
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

Ah, OK, now I understand.

Do you compiled the Effect framework first, or are compiling together with Irrlicht. I tried to compile together, but there was to much problems. Is much better to compile Effect framework first, so link it in Irrlicht.
Next generation for Irrlicht!!!!!
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

So I have to compile the effect framework then Irrlicht? Do I need to link to all the libs? What settings do you use to compile it?

My first full game:
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

If you look in the folder of Effect framework, there are Visual Studio solutions for 2008 and 2010. Open one of it and build. That's all.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Okay, I've got the June 2010 DX SDK, what version do you use?

My first full game:
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

I used Visual Studio 2010.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

No I mean which DirectX SDK.

My first full game:
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

The June 2010, same you used.

I updated the code with DX 11 initial implementation. I appreciate the help to understand what's happening with draw. Looks like the viewport or lighting calculation is wrong, but I tested and didn't find errors (apparently).
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I'm getting this error:
error C2065: 'D3D11_SHADER_ENABLE_STRICTNESS' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'D3D11_SHADER_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL3' : undeclared identifier

My first full game:
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Now I'm getting this:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\Tanner\Libraries\DX11 Irrlicht\source\Irrlicht\obj\Release\Irrlicht.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\Tanner\Libraries\DX11 Irrlicht\bin\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/LTCG' specification
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) : error LNK2005: __stricmp already defined in LIBCMT.lib(stricmp.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) : error LNK2005: _isspace already defined in LIBCMT.lib(_ctype.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) : error LNK2005: _strchr already defined in LIBCMT.lib(strchr.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) : error LNK2005: __vsnprintf already defined in LIBCMT.lib(vsnprint.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) : error LNK2005: _isdigit already defined in LIBCMT.lib(_ctype.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1> Creating library ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.lib and object ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>CD3D11CustomMaterialRenderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DCompile@44
1>Effects11.lib(EffectLoad.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DGetInputSignatureBlob@12
1>Effects11.lib(EffectLoad.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DReflect@16
1>..\..\bin\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

My first full game:
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

You are mixing code that was compiled with /MD (use DLL version of CRT) with code that was compiled with /MT (use static CRT library). That cannot work, all source code files must be compiled with the same setting. Given that you use libraries that were pre-compiled with /MD, almost always the correct setting, you must compile your own code with this setting as well.
Project + Properties, C/C++, Code Generation, Runtime Library.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

What about those flags? What files are they in? That fixed most stuff, but now I'm getting this:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\Tanner\Libraries\DX11 Irrlicht\source\Irrlicht\obj\Release\Irrlicht.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\Tanner\Libraries\DX11 Irrlicht\bin\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/LTCG' specification
1> Creating library ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.lib and object ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.exp
1>CD3D11CustomMaterialRenderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DCompile@44
1>Effects11.lib(EffectLoad.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DGetInputSignatureBlob@12
1>Effects11.lib(EffectLoad.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DReflect@16
1>..\..\bin\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

My first full game:
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, I'm not an expert but thoses 3 look like:

Code: Select all

CD3D11CustomMaterialRenderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DCompile@44 
Unresolved functions that was called and no link was found. Most of the time I got this from a bad .LIB file that was linked to my code. Can you check that are the .LIB are ok and up to date with your includes?

Another thing, have to tried to clean and rebuild your sources? Sometimes its needed when there are lots of changes in the project.
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

Hi boys.

You have to link D3DCompiler.lib to your project. This is needed, because Effect11 framework don't load it dynamically, but is linked statically.

For errors with LIBCMT.lib, you can ignore this lib, insert this name in Ignore Specific Default Libraries, in Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input.
evandromillian

Post by evandromillian »

Hi people.

Very good news for all.

I think that the most important news is that: since Google does not provide zlib licence, I'm now using bitbucket to store the repository, and with ZLIB licence. See in http://bitbucket.org/evandromillian/irrlicht-20xx

This is not a fork of the Irrlicht. My greatest desire is that these changes can be integrated to the core. This is my way to help you, and I hope all of you like.

BlindSide was right about the problem of lack of mipmap support in terrain example. I fixed the mipmap generation and shader resource view creation. Thanks BlindSide.

I fixed some problems with 2D drawing, but GUI needs some fixes yet. Some time ago, bitplane proposed some modifications in GUI skin to help integration with DX 11 driver. Is this can be done?

Thanks once more. I will keep you informed about progress.