The UPDATED Post.
Some New screenshots
Couple of shots from World Map mode
Several New SS featuring some visual changes and items
1. Featuring Terrain detail layer, Camp-fire with animated texture+light node.
2. Large group of idle orcs with different armor and weapons.
3. A troop Commander near the tower. Featuring character screen with some items and skill icons. Item description pane.
4. Elite troop protecting campfire, greatly outnumbered.
Ahhh.... so here we go...
TrollBrad (TB) is a small 1 developer project. The main task of the project is to join the RPG and RTS styles with some unique (or lets say rare) features.
Main objective will be to command the small mercenary army.
Each fighter is a character you can influence and control.
Some main features.
- NO HP system.... there are wounds and related stuff.... but not HP at all
- NO XP system.... You do not place any points.... what you use, that you train...
- ALL the hits are like in real life.... you have to hit the part of enemy with the weapons impact point to make damage.
- Units could be controlled solely or in troops.
- All the NPC live their own life... (ohhh... basically all the world is the set of places and armies... and the are interacting)..
////////////////////This Demo Contains
This demo is a combat only demo. So no Chargen, no world, no acces to inventories...
There are some preset items and skills and points....
All you can do is to see the blanc map and comand units to do some little things.
There are 10 enemy units on the map...
Mouse Click+Drag->Select Units by selecting Rect
Mouse LClick->Select single unit or a troop (if a unit is in troop all the troop will be selected)
Mouse RClick->Selected Units go to location or attack enemy
Mouse to border->scroll
+/- ->zoom in out
R/T -> Ortho/FPS camera
C ->toggle debug data (Units targeting nodes)
7->selected units change stance (it must be idle and got shield)
8->selected units change weapon set (it must be idle)
~->Different text tech data (lowers FPS)
- MiniMap controls (LClick - camera to location, RClick-Selected units go to location)
- Movement and Attack markers
- Flying damage (NOT the HP damage, but rather impact dealt)
- Skirmish button (Press 0 for total skirmish)
- Some units targeting nodes
- Minor changes to AI Processing
- Minor visibiliti range fix
- Minor weapon switch fix
- Main Camera is Perspective now (was Ortho)
- Some changes to terrain structure
- 3D trees instead of billboards
- Blood rains on hits
- Some new equipment
- Magic effect on weapons (will add particles soon)
- Running (RClick far away)
- Shield defense (press 7 in melee mode)
- Weather particles ( Press 1 and 2)
- Testing Visibility region, now available for Unit 0 only (will be great
- Character Info Screen (Press U with Unit selected (You can also click enemy))
- Hell of a fixes
This demo is mostly a polygon for feature creation and tuning.... but anyway, it represents the basic model of the combat in the future game.
Download Latest release Here
Coution!! Almost 50Megs!
P.S. BTW i would greatly appreciate if you tell me the middle FPS of the demo you get...[/b]