Deferred Rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Do you think this is usefull and needs further improvements

Yes
93%
No
No votes
I really don't care
7%

Total votes: 107

ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Am I right that this doesn't support EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL(_REF)? I tried to use it and graphics got screwed up.
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

Is it the XEffect shader code used to render shadow maps ?
How do you plan to do point light shadows without 6 more pass ?
sudi

Post by sudi »

ent1ty wrote:Am I right that this doesn't support EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL(_REF)? I tried to use it and graphics got screwed up.
ALPHA_CHANNEL is added i think. REF is not bc i didn't need it.
anyway will release source code soon.
stefbuet wrote:Is it the XEffect shader code used to render shadow maps ?
How do you plan to do point light shadows without 6 more pass ?
what ya mean with XEffect shader code? my system works completly different. objects are drawn from the lights not by them self. but my vsm code is inspired by XEffect shader code.
Anyway i will render the shadowmap for the pointlights in a single texture. this will probably result in bad quality when the texture is to small.(6 images must fit into a single texture). that way only the depthmap will require 6 instead of one pass and the shadowing itself is done in a single one.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
[DEF]

Post by [DEF] »

Hi, I have a problem :S
when i change the mesh in my IAnimatedMeshSceneNode's using setMesh(), they completely disappear :O normal scene nodes that are just sitting in the scene (not modified at all) are not affected.
This doesn't happen when I'm not using the deferred renderer, so I'm wondering if you could shed some light on this?

Last edited by [DEF] on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Enabled the option to set the shader directory as requested by entity.

Just wanted to say this project isn't dead yet, same for EditIrr. when i get my new project of the ground both of these will get updates bc i will be using them myself then again.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Cainit

Post by Cainit »

Hello, Sudi!
Deferred Rendering it's very cool add-on for Irrlicht.
But what about attach to it the bumpmapping?
sudi

Post by sudi »

when u give me the formula to transform the texture normals to worldspace its as good as done
smittix

Post by smittix »

Sudi wrote:well thats a question of porting the shaders. i don't know hlsl.
You're more than welcome to use my HLSL shaders off my site and incorporate them, I too would love to see this running from HLSL.

Just click on HLSL shaders on the DirectX 9.0 tab, I have a ton of samples there.

http://applicachia.com/
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

I'm working on an unrelated deferred system in HLSL. I'll share it when it's decently finished.
smittix

Post by smittix »

Very nice, can't wait to see it.
Luben

Post by Luben »

Any updates on this?

I tried the download in the first post, the vs-dll's doesn't contain any exported symbols of interest. I'd very much appreciate this being fixed. I'd love to write a deferred render system myself, only i've no time to =/
[DEF]

Post by [DEF] »

Got this working :D
Is there any way to use this with my own shaders? Just on objects, for example have my box use a glass shader or water shader?
Loading my shaders and applying them with setMaterialType(), but it looks like your deferred rendering is overriding them.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Sudi wrote:when u give me the formula to transform the texture normals to worldspace its as good as done
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=42374

here you have the code for pass the tangent normals to normals in view or word space, only change the matrix view * world for world only.
christianclavet

Re: Deferred Rendering

Post by christianclavet »

Hi Sudi! Thanks for developping this addon! I still have to check how this is workingand need to read more about deferred shading. Seem to all be done in shaders. I hope more work will be done with this. I think it's the only project on the forum that could allow us to do this!
ent1ty
Competition winner

Re:

Post by ent1ty »

Sudi wrote:when u give me the formula to transform the texture normals to worldspace its as good as done
If it's of any help, you can check out how I'm doing it: https://bitbucket.org/entity/irrrenderer

@all: i know i should probably make a new topic about it and stop hijacking this thread... but then everyone will start complaining :|
Also, spot lights seem to be a bit bugged

edit: i'm at least gonna push the latest changes that add linux 32 bit build targets
sadly, it won't run properly on my linux machine, but others have reported that it works just fine for them
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!