Deferred Rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Do you think this is usefull and needs further improvements

Yes
93%
No
No votes
I really don't care
7%

Total votes: 107

christianclavet

Re: Deferred Rendering

Post by christianclavet »

Can your irr renderer could be build easily on windows? (MSVC)? I checked for an archive of the full source but there none. For the moment Sudi one seem simpler to try out... (Not really looked at yours, and not tried Sudi yet)...
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

hint: mine is better :P (although i have no shadows, yeah)

just click the get source button, a download will start, there's a c::b project with both windows and linux build targets
there are also two downloads: media.7z - media files needed to run RenderTest(a demo app) and bin.7z - pre-compiled linux binaries
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

oh god, this is something I have been looking for!
Bookmark'd untill I need it (already have a scene with more than eight lights, but finishing the actually important code first :D)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
wiedzmin112

Post by wiedzmin112 »

Do any post process effect can work with your project(like this http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... ostprocess );
sudi

Post by sudi »

wiedzmin112 wrote:Do any post process effect can work with your project(like this http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... ostprocess );
I am not sure but my postprocess pipline(can be found in code snippets) works with it. Tried it.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
wiedzmin112

Post by wiedzmin112 »

Thanks for reply but i have next problem.i cant setup your deferred rendering with new irrlicht and ms visual studio 2010.can you send me new or working version for ms visual studio 2010?i trying to add your lib to my editor.if it work you will be my superhero ;d.
Sorry for my veeeery bad english but i hope you understand
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

The source to compile this is in the first post ;)
wiedzmin112

Post by wiedzmin112 »

Yes but it doesnt work too.(i have error on SceneManager->getVideoDriver()->setMaterial(SceneManager->getVideoDriver()->get2DMaterial()) or somethink like this in OnPostRender)
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I really don't know why it shouldn't work. All one has to do is recompile the Source with new Irrlicht (works with svn version i have too) in Visual Studio and get a .dll and a .lib add them to your project and voila! I've only done this with Code::Blocks and mingw compiler but I know it works without changing anything.
Maybe there's just a recent Irrlicht svn change I haven't downloaded yet that maybe changed something with the 2d screenquad.

Check the recent changes in SVN textfile and compare to Irrlicht version you're using, you'll soon figure out the problem, it doesn't look very trivial.
wiedzmin112

Post by wiedzmin112 »

OK i solve this problem.I just add after smgr->drawAll() line driver->setMaterial(driver->get2DMaterial()) and all works.
Thank for replies :)
sudi

Post by sudi »

wiedzmin112 wrote:OK i solve this problem.I just add after smgr->drawAll() line driver->setMaterial(driver->get2DMaterial()) and all works.
Thank for replies :)
ok that seams wrong..even though i don't remember but that should actually cause an infinite render loop.....
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

I think what he meant is he added in HIS application into the main loop the line
driver->setMaterial(driver->get2DMaterial())
AFTER calling
smgr->drawAll()
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
JuggernautIRR

Post by JuggernautIRR »

Where can I get the latest release of this addon and documentation on how to use it ?
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I still have the code and example, Will get around to uploading it after work.
sudi

Post by sudi »

is the download down? Will upload it again then.