irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
.::|AK|::.

Re: irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Post by .::|AK|::. »

i dont get it? can u be more specific, cuz am new with irrlicht...
[b].::|AK|::.[/b]
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

irr::scene::IParticleBoxEmitter* irr::scene::IParticleSystemSceneNode::createBoxEmitter(const irr::core::aabbox3df&, const irr::core::vector3df&, irr::u32, irr::u32, const irr::video::SColor&, const irr::video::SColor&, irr::u32, irr::u32, irr::s32, const irr::core::dimension2df&, const irr::core::dimension2df&)

The integer variables here are all irr::u32 - a 32-bit integer, that is 'int'. If you try to pass a 'float', that is, irr::f32, for one of these variables, the compiler will complain, I think.
.::|AK|::.

Post by .::|AK|::. »

owkey... so i have to use u32 instead of f32 emm thanks dude, i will try that when i get time..
[b].::|AK|::.[/b]
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

mongoose7 wrote:irr::scene::IParticleBoxEmitter* irr::scene::IParticleSystemSceneNode::createBoxEmitter(const irr::core::aabbox3df&, const irr::core::vector3df&, irr::u32, irr::u32, const irr::video::SColor&, const irr::video::SColor&, irr::u32, irr::u32, irr::s32, const irr::core::dimension2df&, const irr::core::dimension2df&)

The integer variables here are all irr::u32 - a 32-bit integer, that is 'int'. If you try to pass a 'float', that is, irr::f32, for one of these variables, the compiler will complain, I think.
I think u32 is actually unsigned int and int would be s32.
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Rocko Bonaparte

Post by Rocko Bonaparte »

Does irrBullet expose the rayTest stuff in some fashion from Bullet? I wanted to do some immediate line collision tests in the engine to make different game logic decisions.
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

hi,

i want to let bounce a sphere in a box. is there a easy way to do that or must i add 6 planes for the sides?

thx
mubashar

Post by mubashar »

@cobra hello everyone i have nearly done with basic racing game i am using irrlicht and i love it i am using irrbullet (irrlicht implementation of bullet library) for physics the thing is i am using hidden walls on the road side so that my vehicle will not escape into outside world but when vehicle collide with these walls it randomly to other location just like in real collisions what i am looking for is when my vehicle collides with these walls it will stay stable but still can't penetrate through the walls and have smooth motion no jumping or rotation sorry for my poor english its not my native one hoping to get some feed back.... please help out any one ...
When it's all over, it's not who you were. It's whether you made a difference
aburt11

Post by aburt11 »

does anyone know why i am getting this error?:::

Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::logic_error::logic_error(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0logic_error@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z) C:\Users\adam\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\RedNovember\RedNovember\irrBullet.lib(softbody.obj)
SolidRegardless

Post by SolidRegardless »

Is there a known problem with regards to rendering textures using irrBullet for simple soft body objects? I try to render a texture on the object but get only a plain colour. Code is as follows:

Code: Select all

IMesh* mesh2 = device->getSceneManager()->getMesh("sphere.b3d");

IMeshSceneNode* softbodyNode = device->getSceneManager()->addMeshSceneNode(mesh2);
    softbodyNode->setMaterialTexture(0, device->getVideoDriver()->getTexture("water.jpg"));
    softbodyNode->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_OFF);
    softbodyNode->setScale(vector3df(20,20,20));
    softbodyNode->setMaterialFlag(EMF_LIGHTING, false);
    softbodyNode->setMaterialFlag(EMF_NORMALIZE_NORMALS, true);
    softbodyNode->setPosition(vector3df(0, 30, 0));
    softbodyNode->setRotation(vector3df(0,-90,-90));
    //softbodyNode->setDebugDataVisible(EDS_BBOX);

ISoftBody* softbody = world->addSoftBody(softbodyNode);

softbody->setName("SOFTBODY1");
    softbody->setActivationState(EAS_DISABLE_DEACTIVATION);

if(false)
    {
        softbody->generateClusters(60.0f);
        softbody->addCollisionFlag(ESBCM_CLUSTER_SOFT_VERSUS_SOFT);
    }

softbody->getConfiguration().poseMatchingCoefficient = 0.0;
    softbody->updateConfiguration();

softbody->generateBendingConstraints(2);
    softbody->randomizeConstraints();

jorgerosa
Competition winner

Post by jorgerosa »

irrBullet -> Raycast Vehicles:
I have been searching for a complete raycastvehicle demo, since I havent found one (I searhed all over the place, in bullet physics, ogre, forums, etc, etc...) so I decided to upload this one, has lots of issues, but includes all the 3D models and (simple) source code. If anyone could help and share, so, I (we) could figure out if the issues are related with the models or the code itself (maybe something related with the irrlicht + bullet axis?...) ?... After everything runs fine, someone could post everything (code and models) in the "code snippets", or add as an example in irrBullet. Its all zlib, of course. (NOTES: Atm i am trying with ".X" and ".B3D" formats only)
1/3) DEPRECATED DOWNLOAD (See next posts): http://depositfiles.com/files/64746z4gp ~5.8Mb (Full source code + win executable + 3D models)
Last edited by jorgerosa on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:27 am, edited 13 times in total.
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

hi

if you delete

IGImpactMeshShape* rshape = new IGImpactMeshShape(vehicleNode, rodaNode->getMesh(), 50.0);
   IRigidBody* rigidBodyRoda = world->addRigidBody(rshape);
    rigidBodyRoda->setActivationState(EAS_DISABLE_DEACTIVATION);

it works much better. only the wheels are not drawn.
not sure maybe it helps:)

also i think your car is a little bit oversized. something like 36x11x17 meter :/

Edit:
than set the position of the wheel like

rodaNode->setPosition(wheel.chassisConnectionPointCS);
and it works
(TODO: you have to do it for each wheel and change the size of it)
jorgerosa
Competition winner

Post by jorgerosa »

Hi zerochen, thankyou for your tips. Just have changed according it, (resize all models was a pain...) looks pretier indeed, but I am still missing something there... TIP: Never ever ever scale objects in 3D Studio MAX and export them to use with the irrlicht + irrbullet ... messes it all. If you do so... export as ".obj", do a "reset" at 3D Studio MAX and import it again, but you will lose all bones (joints) and all related data, of course!... You will have to create them all again, but after that, everything will be exported as ".X" or ".B3D" in the right way.
2/3) DEPRECATED DOWNLOAD (See next posts): http://depositfiles.com/files/m5d2dcko4 ~6.2Mb (Full source code + win executable + 3D models)
Last edited by jorgerosa on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jorgerosa
Competition winner

Post by jorgerosa »

Ok, after some tips from GOD (yep, he is some sort of...) I think its pretty decent at the moment, everything works (almost) fine. Requires many tweaks and stuff for more realism, but... Its a start! So, please improve it (code and the models too) and share with the dudes here too, ok?... Thanks! (I am leaving the code as basic (rude) as possible so could be simple for everyone)
NOTE: If Cobra couldn´t sleep tonight, and he is in a bad mood or bites someone or something... you know... Was NOT my fault!... Damn reptiles!
3/3) DOWNLOAD: http://depositfiles.com/files/uhgx2gs13 ~6.3Mb (Full source code + win executable + 3D models)
Ideas for a better file host would be nice too...
eejin

Post by eejin »

It's always nice to see someone sharing examples and stuff on how to do something. I use airload.nl it's a dutch host but it has no ads and is completely free.
https://airload.org/index.php
user-r3

Post by user-r3 »

Is it possible to use an IAnimatedMeshSceneNode for the shapes? (so the shape is dynamic)

I think I'm remembering it was possible once... but I don't know if it was irrBullet....^^

Thanks in advance!