irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
mongoose7

Re: irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Post by mongoose7 »

Looks like bad form to copy Bullet into Irrbullet. I think you should look at how Irrbullet is linked and set the reference to Bullet correctly.
jorgerosa
Competition winner

Post by jorgerosa »

Yep. But I prefered that way only to not change "irrbullet" headers files. Else you will have to link to Bullet lib too, the only advantage of this was to keep it simple as possible, and to avoid issues. (As the one that "Christi258" had, described in his previous post) :wink:
hahajiang

Post by hahajiang »

Here I'd like to share my approach using irrBullet0.18 & Bullet2.82 & irrlicht1.8.1 on windows & MSVS2010.
1. Copy the content in ..\bullet-2.82-r2704\src\ to ..\irrBullet-0.1.8\source\bheaders\Bullet\.(Replace the old ones with your new Bullet src)
2. Copy the libs in \bullet-2.82-r2704\lib\ to \irrBullet-0.1.8\lib\win32_visualstudio\2010\Debug(Release).(Need corresponding libs)
3. Open ..\irrBullet-0.1.8\source\msvc\2010\irrBullet.sln to compile. ###you will got some errors during generating, but don't worry! Just follow this(http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... &start=435) by jorgerosa. And you'll got all things right!
Good luck!
Feuerstern

Post by Feuerstern »

I think about using Bullet in my project,still make it sense to use irrBullet now that no one works on it? (The site seems to be offline)
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

Feuerstern wrote:I think about using Bullet in my project,still make it sense to use irrBullet now that no one works on it? (The site seems to be offline)
A friend of mine and myself are maintaining a fork of irrBullet, our repository is here:
https://github.com/CollectiveTyranny/irrBullet
We are in the process of stepping up the documentation a bit. However irrBullet is no longer dead :D
- Brigham Keys, Esq.