irrb 0.4 (Blender Exporter)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
pera

Post by pera »

yeah I prefer... wait a minute! did he said ANIMATION???
2. Finish animation integration.
You mean like exporting animated blender model to irrmesh? Are we going to have to update to latest irrlicht version for that? Will this be able to replace sturdy and proven method of "exporting to 3ds - importing to milkshape - exporting to milkshape ascii - importing to characterfx - adding skeleton and animating - exporting to b3d - loading to irrlicht"?
pc0de

Post by pc0de »

pera wrote:You mean like exporting animated blender model to irrmesh?
Yup.
pera wrote:Are we going to have to update to latest irrlicht version for that?
More than likely - it may be possible to build your app with the updated CIrrMeshFileLoader.cpp until the modifications are integrated into Irrlicht.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

The first stable commit to blender was just made. I think that means the scripting system is finalized.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
Sansari

Estimate on irrblend 2.5 release date?

Post by Sansari »

Can we get an estimated completion time on an irrblend for blender 2.5, based on what 3DModelerMan said, or perhaps based on blender's final 2.58 release expected in June? I'm looking forward to using irrlicht this summer but I'm used to 2.5, I don't want to go back to 2.4! :) I'd also rather not get a specific build, since I already have more than one blender...
pc0de

Post by pc0de »

I plan on finishing up irrB 0.6 documentation for the current functionality (sans animation) and do a release shortly after Blenders 2.58 release.
pera

Post by pera »

can't wait
baiqian

Post by baiqian »

When I compiled Tubras project, I get below errors, it seems there should be some slight modification on irrlicht engine?

Code: Select all

1>TGUIAnimation.cpp
1>f:\engine\irrlicht\tubras\src\tguianimation.cpp(199) : error C2039: “getAnimationIndex”: is not a mamber of “irr::scene::IAnimatedMesh”
1>f:\engine\irrlicht\tubras\src\tguianimation.cpp(205) : error C2039: “getAnimation”: is not a mamber of“irr::scene::IAnimatedMesh”1>        1>f:\engine\irrlicht\tubras\src\tguianimation.cpp(225) : error C2039: “setAnimation”: is not a mamber of“irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode”

1>f:\engine\irrlicht\tubras\src\tguianimation.cpp(281) : error C2039: “getAnimationCount”: is not a mamber of “irr::scene::IAnimatedMesh”
1>f:\engine\irrlicht\tubras\src\tguianimation.cpp(286) : error C2039: “getAnimation”: is not a mamber of“irr::scene::IAnimatedMesh”
pc0de

Post by pc0de »

Yup, I haven't posted the relevant Irrlicht patches yet - I'm was waiting for bitplane to return from his sabbatical to see if he had already worked up something similar.

For now you can apply what I have to get the build to work: animation-patches-r3823.zip (named animations & unfinished .irrskel work).
mmortall

Post by mmortall »

Is Blender 2.5 supported?
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

how exactly is 'physics' exported? Like, I know its not dynamic bodies and stuff just collision data, but how do you use it for collision detection?
pc0de

Post by pc0de »

grumpymonkey wrote:how exactly is 'physics' exported? Like, I know its not dynamic bodies and stuff just collision data, but how do you use it for collision detection?
Most of the details are covered in ch. 17 of the irrb users guide. The link to the example source in the guide is wrong and should be: Physics sample code

Let me know if you still have questions.
narpas

Re: irrb 0.4 (Blender Exporter)

Post by narpas »

Hmm I checked out out the latest version form your repo and blender 2.58 won't let me enable the plugin, do you have any news updates for when this will be ready? Also I was wondering if there was some way to support custom scene nodes in irrb?
pedro77

Post by pedro77 »

Hi all,
I've encountered the same issue as narpas. Does blender 2.58 is supported from irrb 0.6?
I really appreciate your work pc0de.
Thanks
pc0de

Post by pc0de »

Hello pedro77 & narpas,
After you install the script as an Addon (File -> User Preferences -> Install Add-on and then select "io_export_irrlicht.py" ), irrB will appear "disabled". You need to click the check box "Enable addon" (even though it looks like you can't). After that, click on "Save As Default" so you don't have to re-enable it every time you start Blender.

narpas, yes you will be able to export a custom scene node similar to how custom materials are currently be done.

Sorry for the delay on finishing the documentation, this summer ended up being a little busier than I anticipated. Hopefully, I'll be able redirect my attention back to irrB in the next couple of weeks.
pedro77

Post by pedro77 »

Thanks pc0de,
I'll try following your suggestions.

Many thanks again for your reply.