irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
3DModelerMan

editor?

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I have an irr scene file that has material info and other stuff in it. Will that be overwritten in IrrAI editor?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
JP

Post by JP »

Not at all. The latest editor doesn't even touch the .irr file apart from loading it in, it now writes out to a .irrai file instead.
Image Image Image
zephyr103

Post by zephyr103 »

Hi, not sure if this has been said already but I think the arrows should be added into the Irrlicht 1.5 version of IrrAI like it is for 1.4.2. Thanks.
JP

Post by JP »

What arrows are these? The ones linking waypoints together? They are there in 1.5... aren't they...? :s
Image Image Image
zephyr103

Post by zephyr103 »

IrrAI 0.50 for Irrlicht 1.4.2:
In IrrAIEditor the arrows connecting waypoints are always visible. In the demo apps the arrows are visible when you press "V".

IrrAI 0.5 for Irrlicht 1.5
In IrrAIEditor only the waypoint numbers are visible. In the demo apps the only the waypoint numbers and FOV of things are visible when you press "V".
JP

Post by JP »

You appear to be right... No idea how that's happened... I wonder if it's something to do with your system and my work system... I'm sure it wasn't like that on my home system...

Unfortunately I'm way too busy with DJ Hero at the moment to be able to work on it though!
Image Image Image
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

Is this compatible with Irrlicht 1.6 ?

I haven't tried it yet, but this sounds like a fantastic lib !
JP

Post by JP »

Not yet but I'm sure I could get a 1.6 compatible version uploaded! Watch this space!
Image Image Image
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

that would be absolutely great, can't wait ! :D
Johnny Look

Post by Johnny Look »

Yeah that would be fantastic, I need IrrAI for Irrlicht 1.6 as I want to use it with the latest version of XEffects.

IrrAI is a really, really useful library, it would be a shame if nobody could use it in the latest version of Irrlicht.
JP

Post by JP »

Wow... just noticed that the last time I updated IrrAI was in Feb... And that was probably just to bring it up to date to work with Irr 1.5! But hey... been a bit busy and all that!

So yeah managed to get IrrAI up to date with Irrlicht 1.6 (see the first post in this thread for the download link).

So some info on the changes since the last version:
- Debug versions of irrai, editor & examples all compile if you need them
- Fixed debug waypoint meshes & links not rendering
Someone thought it was a cool idea to comment out the entirity of CMeshBuffer::append(SMeshBuffer)....
This issue's been in since Irr 1.5 i reckon... the lack of waypoint meshes was spotted in the Irr 1.5 version of IrrAI 0.5
- Fixed up issues with textured gui buttons not rendering due to burnings video not having the correct draw2DImage function...? Not impressed with those two issues!
Image Image Image
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

awesome, best news I had all week ! :D

Great work !
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Thanks for the update JP!
Rkampen

Post by Rkampen »

irrAi seems perfect for what I need in my project, I tried to get the simple example to run but I get this error:

Error 1 error C1047: The object or library file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\IrrAI.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries d:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\irrAi1\irrAi1\LINK irrAi1

Error 2 error LNK1257: code generation failed d:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\irrAi1\irrAi1\LINK irrAi1

I'm using visual studio 2010, does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Welcome to the forums first of all!
This thread is pretty old.
But all I think you need to do is recompile the IrrAi Lib itself, which should be quite easy if it's not got a whole lot of dependencies.