irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

why do such great project die -.-

how ever i have recompiled it and it seem to work but for nwo i,m not working on it i'll try integration in my project later when i,ll be there
Rkampen

Post by Rkampen »

Fixed it :D
I'm doing something wrong somewhere but I don't know what:

Open visual c++ 2010
Open irrAI.sln
Conversion pop up window comes up, press finish
Set it to Release instead of debug
Go to project properties
Went to General under C/C++
Changed the irrlicht include folder in the additional include directories to the one I use (more recent one)
Pressed ctrl+F7 (compile)
Then finally I did ‘rebuild solution’
Then I opened simpleexample from the examples folder (it is set on Release)
Conversion pop up window comes up again,press finish
Changed the irrlicht include folder in the additional include directories to the one I use (more recent one)
Changed the irrlicht.lib file in the Linker>input folder to the one I use
When I go to the output folder and start the .exe file it crashes
When I set it to Debug and press F5 to start debugging I get these errors:

http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads ... b8c2ef.png

when I do it in release mode I get other erros:
http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads ... 70bf83.png
Last edited by Rkampen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rkampen

Post by Rkampen »

finally got it to run. after hours of frustration I decided to manually copy all the .h and .cpp files from the SRC and Include folder. With a minor adjustment to the code it runs smoothly now.
Never expected that the code itself would be easier to understand than to actually set up the project :x I should really learn how .lib files work and how to work with .lib files in visual C++ 2010 before I attempt something like this again :P
JP

Post by JP »

Glad you managed to get it sorted Rkampen, sorry for failing to reply to your email!

Granyte, great projects die when you run out of personal time to work on them :(
Image Image Image
JuggernautIRR

Re: irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Post by JuggernautIRR »

Sir,

Does irrAI 0.50 work with Irrlicht engine version 1.7.3 ? Please confirm. It is very crucial for me to know to make a choice over engines - Daark GDK which has Dark Ai addon or Irrlicht which has this irrAI module.

Thanks,
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Yes it will work... With a bit of work. And has a lot more capability in terms of tweaking and feature adding than dark GDK. If you're proficient with C++. Hope that helps. Else If you just want to make a game with Ai, have a look at the cube 2 Engine its probably got all you already need. Is open source too and can be changed however you'd like.
JuggernautIRR

Post by JuggernautIRR »

May I know if there any documentation exist to make the changes ? I guess irrlicht is next gen as compared to coube2 - correct me if I am wrong.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

There's lots of docs available for IrrAi, its right in the download, the changes to adapt it to irr current though you'll have to figure out yourself. The irrlicht changelog may help you with that.
And cube 2 isn't that old either, Irrlicht and cube 2 can be as similar to each other as you want. ;)
JuggernautIRR

Post by JuggernautIRR »

cube2 looks more geared towards first person shooter rather than general purpose engine. Then why do u use irrlicht -- tell me ?
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I don't exactly understand what you're asking with that last reply. But from experience I gather you're a bit of a beginner at this. Maybe explain more what you intend to do? Because If you just want to do AI and render output in 3D then Irrlicht is a great choice. But If you just want to make a 'game' with Ai, then save yourself the long work of adding the other functionality, since Irrlicht is only a 3D Engine and not a Game Engine. Writing all the code to make Irrlicht a game engine is a lot of work. I'm not trying to discourage you from this or using Irrlicht but giving you a hint that you may not want to spend so much time on this if you just want to make a game, not also a whole game engine. Believe me I tried my hand at both and succeeded only at one. ;)
freedom108

Post by freedom108 »

I have to say, I just can't access mediafire site. Can "JP" make a mirror non-online-disk site? thank you.
JuggernautIRR

Post by JuggernautIRR »

ACE247 wrote:I don't exactly understand what you're asking with that last reply. But from experience I gather you're a bit of a beginner at this. Maybe explain more what you intend to do? Because If you just want to do AI and render output in 3D then Irrlicht is a great choice. But If you just want to make a 'game' with Ai, then save yourself the long work of adding the other functionality, since Irrlicht is only a 3D Engine and not a Game Engine. Writing all the code to make Irrlicht a game engine is a lot of work. I'm not trying to discourage you from this or using Irrlicht but giving you a hint that you may not want to spend so much time on this if you just want to make a game, not also a whole game engine. Believe me I tried my hand at both and succeeded only at one. ;)
Yes I am really a beginner, I took a peek at OGRE at first but the class library seemed a bit too much to learn so I am trying with irrlicht now ..... which one did you succeed - irrlicht or Cube2 ? Basically I want to develop an RTS adventure game. Will cube give me the same flexibility while customizing my game as irrlicht like using volumetric lighting, normal maps, cube maps etc. ?
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

No, I succeeded in making a 'game-engine' with Irrlicht(in order to make a game) but not a complete game.
As for Cube 2, I only found it afterwards, its mainly geared towards FPS but RPG too. And with the source available its not hard to adapt it to an RTS. :)
JuggernautIRR

Post by JuggernautIRR »

Why has this module not got updated to work with Irrlicht 1.7 ? Is this project abandoned ?
smso

Post by smso »

I have ported it to work with irrlicht 1.8 svn in linux. It's not difficult.

Regards,
smso