Realistic water scene node

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Do you plan to create cool shore effect aswell :p?
elvman

Post by elvman »

Yes, that's a plan for future. For now I have to fix all bugs for this RealisticWaterSceneNode and finish splattingterrain and Hex terrain editor. After that, I guess, I will play with some shore effects or something like that.
koller202

Post by koller202 »

sorry 1 more question

RealisticWaterSceneNode can work only opengl ?
________
How To Roll Blunts
Last edited by koller202 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

elvman wrote:Yes, that's a plan for future. For now I have to fix all bugs for this RealisticWaterSceneNode and finish splattingterrain and Hex terrain editor. After that, I guess, I will play with some shore effects or something like that.
gr8! good hear you're putting so much effor and creativity on such a useful project.
krama757

Post by krama757 »

@elvman: Looks like it worked. Not setting the height fixes the bugs with the artifacts and the random textures. But I still see the seams from the skybox on the water...or something like that. Look at this picture:

Halan

Post by Halan »

wow very nice!

could this become part of irrlicht? :)

greets,
Halan
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Scene nodes can also be integrated into the scene node collection. This is much simpler and also allows the original developer to continue with the work. But indeed some reflection mechanism should be integrated with Irrlicht sometimes. And also fresnel and refraction are interesting features...
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Looks amazing, but too bad I had lots of trouble converting it to C#. I agree that this could be integrated with Irrlicht.
Masterhawk

Post by Masterhawk »

well, hybrid you're so right. these would be a useful implementations to irrlicht and would simplify my work a lot....;)
elvman

Post by elvman »

*Fixed the big with crashing at getCurrentCamera.
*Fixed bugs with water texture borders
*Fixed bugs with reflection texture projection
*Optimized the code a little bit.

*Not fixed the problem with skybox. It can be only fixed with cubemaps, prey the lord they will be supported in the next version of irrlicht.

*Found out the reason for the reflection bug posted by krama757. You must use custom clip planes (already in irrlicht SVN).

Link at the first page updated.
Ecliptic Fate

Post by Ecliptic Fate »

delete me... or get a real forum so I can do it!
Last edited by Ecliptic Fate on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
krama757

Post by krama757 »

Heh, yep, I just saw elvman's post :) The new water is awesome! Still a couple probs but I will post on it later...feel sooo lazy :(

*waits for irrlicht 1.4*

(Too lazy to use svn)
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Another question, will this project be limited to realistic water simulation only, or will you attempt, in a later stage, to incorporate different liquid styles like mud and blood?
elvman

Post by elvman »

If it will become popular and more people will asko for such features, I will make seperate scene nodes for other-than-water liquids.
Katsankat

Post by Katsankat »

Keep up the good work! When OpenGL part is done this class will be a winner.