fast planet rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

@Memorial76:

Merci pour votre message, la version actuelle est vraiment en alpha, je ne suis pas un tres grand artiste en graphique, c'est pourquoi le jeu peut sembler pas très joli, je m'attache pour l'instant au gameplay et aux performances (dans falcon4 j'appréciais les impressions de vitesse, etc...). Dans mon jeu les vols à basses altitudes sur les planètes sont assez réussit mais il faut méliorer les shaders utilisés (c'est la prochaine étape après l'instant action).

@all people:

I've found a bug in the uv texturing of the planet (there is distorsion near the pole), i must choose the global uv texturing in blender (before i used a uv textureing in the map into field). I regenere a new mesh for the planet today (sunday)

I'm a fan of perry rhodan, i'm trying to create a empire class cruiser in blender, i've found a nice script (discombobulator) which add some detail to a mesh, i will use it for my city too.
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

Profil management:

New star display:

Missile lock:

Arrived near a station:
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

Thanks for recognizing my work :)

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to put up a stand alone app using the LOD system. There are currently many connections to other parts of our code base, so that it could not be easily separated. And as we are currently working towards a release (both the yass project and at work), there is no time for that. But as soon as I manage to get something like that working, the Irrlicht community will be the first to know.

Anyway, in case any of you interested in terrain LOD have missed this site, offering quite a big overview of this topic, here it is: vterrain.org
YASS - Yet another Space Shooter
under Devolpment, see http://yass-engine.de
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

Today:
Solve a stuterring problem in the elapsed time calculation. Sometime my rendering was blocked during some ms (it was perceptible), i've solved it in calculating elapsed average here is the code in the main loop (if it can help someone):

time2=m_Timer->getRealTime()-time1;
time1=m_Timer->getRealTime();
if (AverageCurrent==MAXAVERAGEELAPSED)
{
// Replace the first value
AverageCurrent=0;
}
AverageElapsed[AverageCurrent++]=(float)time2;
// init the average elapsed
felapsedTime=0.0f;
for (int i=0;i<MAXAVERAGEELAPSED;i++)
{
// Compute the total elapsed time
felapsedTime+=AverageElapsed/1000.0f;
}
// Take the average
felapsedTime/=MAXAVERAGEELAPSED;

MAXAVERAGEELAPSED is 15 in my case
AverageElapsed is an array of float (size= MAXAVERAGEELAPSED) init to 0.0f so at the very beginning the average is not correct (only during the first 15 rendering frame)

Actually working on rendering city an planet (made with blender and the discombubator script)

@MasterD:
I don't understand your message (my english is poor), if i made a mistake i'm sorry, what means "thank's for recognizing my works" ?
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

screenshot of city on planet (very alpha stage)

MasterD

Post by MasterD »

@Tarzan02: I'm not sure, if this is native english speaking, but I'm just happy, that some people actually look at my work (in detail, as it seems). I was referring to that small discussion a few days ago between lymantok / zillion42, who mentioned it. Maybe I should've added an @someone, to have made it clearer.
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

@Tarzan02: I'm not sure, if this was native english speaking, but I'm just happy, that some people actually look at my work (in detail, as it seems). I was referring to that small discussion a few days ago between lymantok / zillion42, who mentioned it. Maybe I should've added an @someone, to have made it clearer. Anyway, one important thing I missed last time posting:
Great project, keep up the good work :D
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

First attempt for lighting a city in night:

lymantok

Post by lymantok »

@MasterD

No problem. Great job on your project. Eagerly awaiting your next demo! Thanks for the vterrain link too. It would be great if you get the time to do an example program for Irrlicht from your LOD work!

@Tarzan02

Great screen shots. Are you making a new demo release soon too? How did you get that city? Is it a collection of building objects or a single object? What's the discombobuator?
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

@lymantok:

It's with blender, it's a script which add some details to a mesh, usefull for create space vessel or city:

Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

You access to discombobulator in edit mode
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

High everybody,

a new version is ready to be upload on sourceforge.net but i can't send the package (firefox keep on waiting windows), i'm trying to send a zip file perhpas is the reason (size 215mo) i've tried with an other file (a txt 25k) it's ok.

any idea ?
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

either you have to sit and wait for it all to upload since it is so big and upload speeds are probably small. Or the connection may time out during the transfer. I don't know how sourceforge works so I can't give a good solution. I would try uploading and just waiting if it just sits there a while go make some lunch and go for a jog or something :wink:
Last edited by Insomniacp on Sat May 01, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

You could create a torrent and seed it and others will seed hopefully to :wink:
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

High,

new version is uploaded in some minutes in sourceforge. A fiirst version of the documentation is available to download on SF too.