fast planet rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Tarzan02

estimated time

Post by Tarzan02 »

As soon as i've solved some details on my rendering engine, i'll post the source on sourceforge and try to build the other phases (actor generation and action)
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

This is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing those images with us.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

Now i display the galactic map, the next step will be to allowed the player to choice a system and to jump in it.

screenshot to follow. The project is opened on sourceforge.net => adama quest
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

ok new update, now the player can choice a system on a map to visit. 'H' key let the capital ship to perform an hyperjump to the destination (planet, star or system). screenshot to follow
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

screenshot of the galactic map with the 9 sectors drawn, the current sector is in the center

http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh ... ssid=66969
draxd

SVN Checkout

Post by draxd »

I downloaded it from SVN but it can`t be runed nor compiled , will you release working version ?
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

yes, i'll release a zip package contening all the files needed to run the application
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

High everybody

long time since my last post. I've continued the project (now hosted on sourceforge.net). Some news:

Stellar port now implemented, your vessel can land on planet or on space port (vessel must demand an authorisation) so a STC (Space Trafic Control) in development.

some screenshots to follow (ok i'm not a good graphist) The building position is continiusly calculated when the LOD is changing... Some lights to indicate your

My next tas: a complete engine sequence starting (only for hardcore level: antimater managment with all necessary device to activate)
arras

Post by arras »

Nice to see you still work on it. Keep it up :)
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

ok, now no need to have a file elite.ini on the root disk
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

High everybody

My project is in an early stage. I hope giving to the comunity the first release of my game in december 2008. For that i need some helps:

the source code is available in sourceforge (project name: adama quest). I don't know how to produce a downloaded package, if someone knows it ??

The version include the CEGUI interface load and save a game is fully functionnal, now i will work on add some vessel (not to be alone in the universe hehehe :lol: )
JP

Post by JP »

Just zip up the necessary things; .exe, .dlls & other assets and then use something like mediafire.com to host it.
Image Image Image
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Since it's an SF project just use the SF File Release System. Open the project page as admin, choose FRS in the admin menu. You can use the web uploader to upload the files, which just need to be put into some package (arbitrary stuff, just create a new one). You can upload zip files or tar.gz or any other archive type. Just be sure to have the publication rights on all items.
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

high everybody

screenshot from space

collision detection is set, when you hurt a station with high speed => dead
when you land with a speed higher than 1km.s => dead

Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

Space Trafic controler allmost implemented. When you approach a station without authorization => some advice before they shoot at you. Be careful they don't appreciate vessel which not obey their orders...

for christmas a pre-release will be on line in sourceforge