IrrNewt irrlicht\newton framework >> SVN access

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
baiqian

Post by baiqian »

hi all, I have made my character collision with a whole .irr scene. However, the rigid body position of my character was not in the center of mesh. I know there is some bodyoffsetfromnode method to adjust. but i'm quite not sure about the bodyoffsetfromnode method. there is no specification about this. such as bodyoffsetfromnode.rotation and translation. any one can advice the result for these methods?
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

i wanted to use irrnewtinmy project soi included just the headers and when compiling an error came out in matrix4.h in this line
line 106:

Code: Select all

int  NewtonMaterialCollisionContactProcess(
				const NewtonMaterial* material,
				[i]const NewtonContact* contact);[/i]
here error:
C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\hidden.hpp|106|error: expected `,' or `...' before '*' token|

here is the rest of the errors:
  • C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\hidden.hpp|106|error: expected `,' or `...' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\hidden.hpp|106|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonContact' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\hidden.hpp|129|error: expected `,' or `...' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\hidden.hpp|129|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDollBone' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|18|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonContact' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|18|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|21|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|24|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonContact' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|24|error: `NewtonContact' declared as an `inline' field|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|24|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|25|error: expected `;' before '}' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp||In constructor `irr::newton::IMaterialContact::IMaterialContact()':|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|20|error: class `irr::newton::IMaterialContact' does not have any field named `newton_contact'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\material_pair_and_contact.hpp|27|error: `NewtonContact' has not been declared|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\material_pair_and_contact.hpp|27|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `contact_to_set' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\material_pair_and_contact.hpp||In constructor `irr::newton::IMaterialPairAndContact::IMaterialPairAndContact(NewtonMaterial*, int*)':|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\material_pair_and_contact.hpp|28|error: no matching function for call to `irr::newton::IMaterialContact::IMaterialContact(int*&)'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|17|note: candidates are: irr::newton::IMaterialContact::IMaterialContact(const irr::newton::IMaterialContact&)|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\contact.hpp|20|note: irr::newton::IMaterialContact::IMaterialContact()|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|32|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDoll' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|32|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|37|error: `NewtonRagDoll' has not been declared|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|38|error: `NewtonRagDollBone' has not been declared|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|41|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ragDoll' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|41|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `parentDollBone' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|53|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDoll' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|53|error: `NewtonRagDoll' declared as an `inline' field|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|53|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|56|error: expected `;' before "IRagDollBone"|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|89|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDoll' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|89|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|90|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDollBone' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|90|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|98|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|103|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDoll' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|103|error: `NewtonRagDoll' declared as an `inline' field|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|103|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|106|error: expected `;' before "inline"|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|106|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NewtonRagDollBone' with no type|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|106|error: `NewtonRagDollBone' declared as an `inline' field|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|106|error: expected `;' before '*' token|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|109|error: expected `;' before "irr"|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp||In constructor `irr::newton::IRagDollBone::IRagDollBone()':|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\IrrNewt_SDK_0_4\include\ragdoll.hpp|99|error: class `irr::newton::IRagDollBone' does not have any field named `n_bone'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp||In function `int rf(int)':|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|35|warning: converting to `int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|36|warning: converting to `long int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|37|warning: converting to `long int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|38|warning: converting to `long int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|39|warning: converting to `long int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|40|warning: converting to `long int' from `const irr::f32'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|44|warning: converting to `long int' from `double'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|45|warning: converting to `long int' from `double'|
    C:\Users\omar shaaban\Work\Veda\main.cpp|46|warning: converting to `long int' from `double'|
    ||=== Build finished: 39 errors, 9 warnings ===|
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

this framework is dead!! :cry:
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

well i have no choice but to compile with irrlicht 1.2!!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I can only guess since I did not look at this frameowrk's code. But it sounds as if the direct matrix access that was removed in Irrlicht 1.2 or so makes the NewtonContact struct to fail. Hence the rest of the errors. The access can be easily fixed by changing matrix.M to matrix and some similar changes.
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

hybrid wrote:I can only guess since I did not look at this frameowrk's code. But it sounds as if the direct matrix access that was removed in Irrlicht 1.2 or so makes the NewtonContact struct to fail. Hence the rest of the errors. The access can be easily fixed by changing matrix.M to matrix and some similar changes.

i fixed that..that was easy
the problem is with bufferLOD thingy and an error in join.hpp
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Any chance to see this error in full length?
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

another problem is what is the delta time did irrnewt set for newton engine update i mean what is the maximum numbers update per second (as when i make it depend on fps sometimes irr newt give me stupid calculations and ofcourse when i make it frame independent with const framerate of 60fps it works fine)
m_krzywy

Post by m_krzywy »

It isn't compatibile with 1.5.1? I wanted to use it :D
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

m_krzywy wrote:It isn't compatibile with 1.5.1? I wanted to use it :D
i downloaded irrlich1.2 and tested it its fine but not accurate
every time i run the simulation results differ
i will try irrphysix
Mux

Post by Mux »

I've had no problems to compile IrrNewt for Irrlicht 1.5 so it should probably work just fine with 1.5.1 too.
It'll only take a minute or two to debug this code...
prchakal

Post by prchakal »

Anyone can post or send me the compiled version for irrlicht 1.5.1 ?
Seven

Post by Seven »

I am not having trouble compiling with 1.6, but the terrain doesnt work for me? Has anyone compiled against 1.6 and gotten terrain to not crash?
BoingBoing

Post by BoingBoing »

Which version of Newton does this support?
Seven

Post by Seven »

I am writing my own Newton2 wrapper similar to IrrNewt, but i have not been able to get terrain working either with irrnewt or with my wrapper. Has anyone compiled irrnewt with 1.5 or 1.6 and gotten the terrain to load properly?