Ant conflict game

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Seems to be fun, am downloading it rit now! And BTW i was thinking of implementing climbing stairs with ray picks, can u just drop me a pm about how you do it, when you have done it?
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

very cool indeed! I'll keep a close eye on this thread! I get around the same FPS as zeno
BlindSide, i think the voice says "ok, this is it, lets just hope one of us gets out alive" (cue guitars, machine guns, explosions!)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

zeno60 wrote:Finially! Great stuff!

DirectX (no shadows) - 60-70 FPS
DirectX (shadows) - 10-15 FPS
OpenGL (no shadowS) - 65-70 FPS
OpenGL (shadows) - 15-25 FPS
I get about 215 fps without shadows and about 80 fps with shadows. I give it about 30s until after you're buddy "gets it". :wink:

I seem to be pointing in a slightly different direction every time I fire it up: sometimes I looking at my buddy and sometimes I looking at his feet. Strange!

I also have trouble with stairs. Climbing them is either easy, difficult or impossible! Also, there's two guys on the ledge above to snipe you as you're trying to climb. :twisted: I think the stairs are too "tall". If you're using a physics engine I believe you should only use forces - any kind of hacks won't work well with the physics computations. I guess when you make "real" maps you'd make the stairs less tall (or alter your collider). :wink:
Luke
Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the comments,

RapchikProgrammer, ok, but look on the newton forums, they were talking about, I think one guy made a demo of it, maybe.

sio2,
I seem to be pointing in a slightly different direction every time I fire it up: sometimes I looking at my buddy and sometimes I looking at his feet. Strange!
Well I'll see it if is a value not being set to 0, but it could just be the position of your mouse when you start the game, easily fixed.

I also have trouble with stairs. Climbing them is either easy, difficult or impossible!
Lol, if you get a run up to the stairs it's easy... :P
If you're using a physics engine I believe you should only use forces - any kind of hacks won't work well with the physics computations.
I'm already using hacks to get the soldiers to move around, and it's not too bad.

But it will probably be easier and faster to just use ramps.

by the way, press:

'o' - no gravity
'p' - gravity

h, j, k, l - play around with the delta timing, affects the sound too, only meant for debugging right now but
sgt_pinky

Post by sgt_pinky »

@LukePH - great stuff mate. It's really coming along, and a great effort for one person.

@BlindSide - hey, what's wrong with my soldier model damn it!? You laugh, kiwi. Why don't you show everyone your robot then? :P

Anyone that wants to laugh at my soldier model: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5403/finishedrw6.jpg

One guy actually said to me, "Is that first degree burns on his chest?". I will have you know that's real chest hair, cloned onto the texture :-|

To anyone in #irrlicht, I have just been reformatting my computer, but I will be back soon.
Intellectuals solve problems - geniuses prevent them. -- Einstein
#irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

that model is badass bro lol i love it
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Hey i never said I didn't like your model. I was just laughing at the remote possibility of u allowing the use of your magnificent work of art in Luke's game :lol:
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

aww man the psychics are great! can you give some tips how its working? im going to make something too, i planed to use newton psychics but the bad thing is that i dont have a clue how i should implement it in core as you said.
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

roxaz wrote:aww man the psychics are great! can you give some tips how its working? im going to make something too, i planed to use newton psychics but the bad thing is that i dont have a clue how i should implement it in core as you said.
There's a Newton/Irrlicht demo on my website that would get you started. Source code is included.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

thanx, it will be really helpful. btw i was amased by Hardware Ray Tracing and Dynamic Water Reflections demo :)