Irrlicht DevPak for Dev-Cpp

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Electron

Compile Techdemo

Post by Electron »

Stoffe, since you seem to know Dev-cpp well perhaps you could tell me how to compile the Techdemo with it. Your Devpack was helpful, but I had already gotten the other examples to compile in Dev-cpp (though previously had runtime errors on Q3 map loading one using Irrlicht 0.5), but I keep getting linker errors trying to compile the Techdemo. Also, I intermittently seem to get an error in the resource file about axfres.h not existing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mar16: Never mind, changed a few codelines and got it to work myself.
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

Great work on the devpak, but a small comment. Correct me if I am wrong, (I've been really busy installing devpaks and uninstalling devpaks, so I may be a little confused) but you place all the examples under \dev-cpp\examples\irrlicht\..., and media is \dev-cpp\examples\irrlicht\media.

However the html files as well as the source files are looking for media from ..\..\media instead of ..\media

Would you correct the source and html files to reflect this? Then when a user opens a html file from your devpak, the associated images will also appear, and the programs will also be able to find the required media.

Also the text in the tutorials will be correct, and prevent the beginner wondering why his programs are failing.
stoffe

Post by stoffe »

Do you mean that the programs do not find the media? I'll have to look this up, as the sources should actually be changed just so the programs would find the media. The HTML files are unchanged however, I kinda assumed that most people reading the tutorials would be able to handle that much... maybe I'll change em anyways.

I hope I'll get the time (while having access to a Win box, which is rare nowadays) during this week to look into it. Not really needed for building but for testing...

If someone wants to take over doing this stuff, all the stuff needed are in the repository ready to build upon. I don't do much Windows anymore as it got me angry too often. :)
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

stoffe wrote:Do you mean that the programs do not find the media?
No, Just the HTML files, I was getting confused with the techdemo which I had copied from the SDK and altered.

You are correct that this is probably well within the capabilities of most here, but I feel that it is only a small change to make the devpak complete (that and a version of the techdemo) .
stoffe

Post by stoffe »

NinjaNL wrote:and a version of the techdemo
Yeah, that should really be in there I guess. :)
Lord_ZealoN

Post by Lord_ZealoN »

LOL, works fine but with DirectX crash the examples

Post by Guest »

I use to use Irrlicht with Dev-C++ (i'm coming back to this engine in a bit 8) ) But to get it to work in DirectX you'll have to compile the GCC version of the DLL with DX enabled. (there's a post some where showing you how to do that... that hsould be a permanent tutorial...) You'll need the Irrlicht.DLL and the d3dx8d.DLL that comes with the Dev-C++ DirectX DevPak. My old project... Galactic Racer was done with a earlier version of Irrlicht, and compiled with Dev-C++.. and used DirectX or OpenGL from the settings. Without the d3dx8d.DLL it wouldn't work for me...

Hopefully thats helpful to someone tryin with DX...
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Whops... thats me above ^^^ Forgot to login.
Programmer of the Irrlicht Scene Editor:
Homepage - Forum Thread
Version 2 on its way!!
prior

the download link doesn't work, where can i download it?

Post by prior »

I cannot donload the devpack, the link doesn't exist, can yo give me another site?

thanks.
Rob Loach

Irrlicht Engine SDK 0.9 DevPak for Dev-C++

Post by Rob Loach »

I just made a DevPak for the new version 0.9 including all official examples, tools, documentation, includes, libraries, everything:

http://devpaks.org/show.php?devpak=196