IPhysics - Newton/Irrlicht framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

I lov u nick_japan! I wud marry u if i was gal or gay no offensive to anybody here so please dont try to snipe me wen i goto skul 2mrw!
stodge

Post by stodge »

RapchikProgrammer wrote:I lov u nick_japan! I wud marry u if i was gal or gay no offensive to anybody here so please dont try to snipe me wen i goto skul 2mrw!
What the hell are you talking about? wud? lov? :roll:
gfxstyler

Post by gfxstyler »

hey nick, i just asked because i thought newton is not free, i browsed their site to search for the licence details, but i dont really understand it.

do you know if it's free to use for both non-commerial and commercial or just non-commercial use?

your examples look very easy to use so i'd appreciate if newton would be really free so i could use it :D

good work you have done!
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Yes I have it Pragma Commented, I even tried moving the lib to the same folder as my project. And I also tried linking it through the compiler.
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@monkeycracks: hmm - interesting one. I could reproduce those errors by taking that line out of the header. I don't mean to be a bore but check your directories again. Anyone else have issues like this?

@gfxstyler: Yes, Newton is free for commercial as well as non-commercial use, the only requisite being that you notify them of your project.
Image Image
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Great lib, but it crashes on
*IPhysicsEntity* levelEntity = physics.addEntity(&level);*

SPhysicsStaticMesh level;

level.mesh = Mesh;
level.meshnode = LevelNode;
level.meshScale = vector3df(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
level.meshnode->setScale(level.meshScale);

IPhysicsEntity* levelEntity = physics.addEntity(&level);

does any one encouter this?
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

Sorry to hear that omaremad. Could you elaborate on that a bit? Is that in the level example (the car one) or in your own code? Does Irrlicht load the mesh ok? I'm assuming it does if the call to setScale() doesn't crash. If it's nothing obvious then please post the code and the mesh you're trying to use. Also how big is your level - IPhysics is currently using Irrlicht 1.1 unmodified, which I don't think has the 32bit verticies fix
Image Image
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Its a animated mesh, lightmapped and such.. so do you think that your mesh buffer routines are hard cocded for the Vertex type with one texcoord rather than two? ill have a look at the source.

ok i had a look and i found the code only works for non light mapped meshes aka not of the type vertex S3DVertex2TCoords

ill try a simple fix i hope it works if it does ill inform you. :)
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

I'm getting an error at line 15 in IPhysicsEntity.h that says

Code: Select all

error: initializer specified for non-virtual method 'IPhysicsEntity::IPhysicsEntity()'
I'm running the codeblocks IDE with GCC.

It's the only thing keeping me from compiling example 1.
Lee Zhi Eng

Post by Lee Zhi Eng »

can you make library for dev-c++? :cry:
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@omaremad: ok cool - easy fix. Will sort out.

@twentytortures: Visual C++ EE doesn't complain about that, but commenting out the constructors in IPhysicsEntity still compiles fine (and they're not needed as it's an abstract interface class anyway), so I can easily fix that too.

@Lee Zhi Eng: It's a static library - should work fine with any compiler. Are you having issues using it in DevC++?
Image Image
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

it worked fine with one mesh type predefinded but seems to crash when using a case slect for diffrent vertex typre, ill get to work :)
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

I've just upgraded IPhysics to 1.2, which should fix the vertex problem and also get rid of twentytortures' problem with the redundant constructors. Also had the upshot of making the lib a bit smaller.

Best of all though I've upgraded it to super whizzy doxygen documentation format - much nicer than my html!
Image Image
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

Well I was able to get it to compile by changing the code to:

IPhysicsEntity();
Now I'm getting whole new errors :)

Anybody know what this means?

mingw32-g++.exe: /GX: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: /W3: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: /Ox: No such file or directory
It's too bad my experience with GCC is so limited. I feel like a total noob. XD

EDIT:
Ok I changed some build options and got those errors to go away, now I have this:

Linking console executable: Irrlicht.exe
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x19a): undefined reference to `CPhysics::CPhysics()'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `CPhysics::init(irr::ITimer*)'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x2ff): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x49e): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x5bc): undefined reference to `CPhysics::update()'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x5f8): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
.objs\main.obj:main.cpp:(.text+0x637): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 20 seconds)
EDIT 2:
hahahaha. I'm a moron.
Fixed it with a simple

#include <CPhysics.h>
I still have one problem though....

mingw32-g++.exe: /Ox: No such file or directory
How can I disable this?

I'm leaving all these edits as a reference in case somebody else is as dumb as me.

EDIT 3:
Alright... I have this problem and I have no idea what to do now....
I feel like I'm spamming....

Linking console executable: C:\irrlicht\physics1\physics.exe
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x19a): undefined reference to `CPhysics::CPhysics()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `CPhysics::init(irr::ITimer*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2ff): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x49b): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x5b6): undefined reference to `CPhysics::update()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x5f2): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x631): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Sorry...

Oh and almost forgot, I upgraded to 1.2. Thanks nick ;).
Lee Zhi Eng

Post by Lee Zhi Eng »

It's a static library - should work fine with any compiler. Are you having issues using it in DevC++?
i though (for Dev-c++) should be something like IPhysics.a instead of IPhysics.lib?

there are some life examples:
Irrlicht - libIrrlicht.a
Dusty Engine - libdustyengine.a