IPhysics - Newton/Irrlicht framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

lib should work as well :)

.a and .lib are both supported ;)

EDIT:

After some investigation I found that gcc only supports .lib files to a certain extent. I'm currently looking to see if there is a way to convert .lib to .a. I think this may be the reason I'm getting linking errors.

I can convert .dll into .a with some utils i have, but not .lib. I'll find it soon i hope. I'll send the .a to Nick when i get it. :D

EDIT:

Unfortunatly I'm unable to convert a .lib to a .def file. I can convert a .dll to a .def, but not a .lib.

Oh well. Perhaps Nick will be able to make a .a file.

And if anybody uses IPhysics with code::blocks and mingw please let me know how you got it working...
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@twentytortures, Lee Zhi Eng: No worries - worst case scenario I can just download code::blocks / DevC++ and compile it with those. Although if you know how to do it, you should have everything you need in the download: in the /source directory is the entire source (it's not massive!) - that just needs to be compiled as a static library. Just create a new project, set it to create the right type of library, and just add all those source files in - there are no dependancies aside from Irrlicht and Newton. If you're not sure and you're really stuck, there's always the option of just adding those source files directly into your project, thus avoiding any linking. The only annoying thing is that you'll have to compile them every time you do a full rebuild, but at least you can use it!
Image Image
Lee Zhi Eng

Post by Lee Zhi Eng »

there are no dependancies aside from Irrlicht and Newton
when i compile the source using dev-c++, these things shows up:

\IPhysics-1.1\source\CPhysics.cpp In file included from CPhysics.cpp
\IPhysics-1.1\source\PhysicsGlobal.h Irrlicht.h: No such file or directory.
\IPhysics-1.1\source\PhysicsGlobal.h Newton.h: No such file or directory.

and after i'd linked to both of the header files, i got many errors like this:

\IPhysics-1.1\source\PhysicsGlobal.h [Warning] no newline at end of file
\IPhysicsEntity.h initializer specified for non-virtual method `IPhysicsEntity::IPhysicsEntity()'
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

@Lee: Download the latest version of IPhysics, he fixed that error.
@Nick: I'll try to compile it as a static lib for dev/c::b when i get home from school. I'll let you know if i'm sucessful.
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@Lee Zhi Eng: As I said, you do need to have Irrlicht and Newton set up, and the directories rigged up such that #include <Irrlicht.h> will work.

As twentytortures said, this error:
\IPhysicsEntity.h initializer specified for non-virtual method `IPhysicsEntity::IPhysicsEntity()'
is fixed.

About this one:
\IPhysics-1.1\source\PhysicsGlobal.h [Warning] no newline at end of file
Visual C++ doesn't complain about that, but it's an easy fix (!). I know it's only a trivial warning but nice and neat is good!

Cheers guys, keep 'em coming!
Image Image
Coolkat88

Post by Coolkat88 »

WoW this really looks great.

Funny that just today i was looking into adding newton into my project but was worried about how I was going to get newton and Irrlicht to play nice.

I downloaded IPhsyics and it looks really nice. Can't wait for you to start building some more features into it.
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

I'm close :)

Have a little problem though.

Code: Select all

IPhysicsCar.cpp:7: error: definition of implicitly-declared `IPhysicsCar::IPhysicsCar()'
I get a couple of things like that, unfortunatly I don't know what it means. :D
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

IPhysicsCar.cpp, IPhysicsBaseEntity.cpp and IPhysicsEntity.cpp have been removed from the source as they are no longer necessary - you should just have the headers in for those three files. Are you including the source directly into your project? If so just delete those three files - I'm guessing when you copied them over the old ones would just have been left unchanged.
Image Image
liberostelios

Post by liberostelios »

Is there any .NET support of IPhysics? Any future plans, maybe?
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

@Nick: Yeah I just copied over the old files, haha. Alright, I'll remove them and have it compiled when I get home. Want me to send you the .a to include in the package?
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@Nick: Yeah I just copied over the old files, haha. Alright, I'll remove them and have it compiled when I get home. Want me to send you the .a to include in the package?
</crystalball>

Yeah please do send me the .a and I'll put it on the download page - cheers! My email address is in the readme.
Image Image
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

I have the .a! I'll be sending it to nick here in a moment! Don't know if it will fix my errors though, hahahah!

EDIT:
Well I compiled the .a but now I have new linking errors, take a look:

C:\irrlicht\IPhysics-1.1\lib\libIPhysics.a(CPhysicsCarWheel.o):CPhysicsCarWheel.cpp:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `NewtonVehicleAddTire'

I have several errors that are like that.
No idea what to do...
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

Well I compiled the .a but now I have new linking errors, take a look:

C:\irrlicht\IPhysics-1.1\lib\libIPhysics.a(CPhysicsCarWheel.o):CPhysicsCarWheel.cpp:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `NewtonVehicleAddTire'
I have several errors that are like that.
It can't find Newton, or probably the Newton library - have you #pragma comment'ed the Newton .lib? It's telling you that it can't find an implementation of NewtonVehicleAddTire, which is a Newton call.
Image Image
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

Didn't think to add a pragma comment, haha, I'll try it when I get home.
twentytortures

Post by twentytortures »

The .a works. Sending it to nick now. :)