Tree Scene Node v2.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Uploaded a new version, that is compatible with Irrlicht-1.3. Nothing changed except for new function names, s32 to u32 etc.

For irrlicht-1.2: Download
For irrlicht-1.3: Download
lantis

Post by lantis »

In old version here been ILODMesh... where is it?
How now we can add TriangleSelector to trees for collision detection?
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Using the STreeMesh returned by the tree generator. It has a field called HighLOD, which has type IMesh.
drac_gd

Post by drac_gd »

Hi Klasker,
I am sorry to bother you again but I seam to have some issues with scaling of the trees and positioning after they have been created. Have you tried a test using scaling and repositioning? If so and it works for you then it must be my error.

BTW love these trees.. I have 20 instance types in my demo :)
Lynxeye

Post by Lynxeye »

So, this weekend I finally had the time to include this amazing Trees into my project.

But I have one problem anymore: if I call setScale() the tree mesh scales down, like it should. But the leaves ramain unscaled. Is there any function to set the scale of the Billboards?
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I found something similar to this.
http://www.lenne3d.de/en/products/index.php
Lynxeye

Post by Lynxeye »

Sorry I had to bother you again, but I cant find this field HighLod or any other field from type IMesh to create the TriangleSelector! How can I do this or any other form of collision detection?
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, Klasker.

I've tried to compile the demo on Irrlicht 1.3.1

Got this linker error in DEVCPP :cry:

Code: Select all

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN3irr12createDeviceENS_5video13E_DRIVER_TYPEERKNS_4core11dimension2dIiEEjbbbPNS_14IEventReceiverEPKc' 
  ld returned 1 exit status 
 F:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\irrlicht\examples\trees\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [Tree.exe] Error 1 
Is that because it's on DEVCPP or the IRRLICHT 1.3.1 version that I have?
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Since the error says [Linker Error], I will be so bold as to suggest that you didn't link to Irrlicht.a. In Dev-C++ you do that in Project Settings.

You probably wonder why the project file didn't take care of that. Linking requires the Irrlicht.a file supplied in the Irrlicht SDK, and since every user has Irrlicht installed at a different place, the IDE can't know where to look.
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Sorry. It my mistake. Forgot to include it when creating the new project.

Ok. It's compiling fully now. I had a problem once compiled (segmentation error).

Found out that the path was not correct. removed the "..\" from the files and now it ok.

I'll try to put one in my demo to see if the demo framerate can hold it.
Thanks.
horvim

Post by horvim »

How can I export a tree to an .x or .irr format? I tried with manager->saveScene, but only the camera and the light was exported.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Is it v1.4 compatible?
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Sorry for the late response. I do not know if it works with Irrlicht 1.4 beta (haven't tested), but since it is beta I will not officially support it until it goes final.

I know it is a lazy attitude, but I have exams for the time, and that too is a lazy excuse, because I really spend most of my time playing Neverwinter Nights 2 rather than studying :). I will test&convert when Irrlicht 1.4 final gets released, though.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Klasker wrote:I really spend most of my time playing Neverwinter Nights 2 rather than studying :).
Tell me about it. You lock yourself in your room and cancel all important appointments and occasions in order to study, and then you start making pencil forts... Always happens :P
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

BlindSide wrote:
Klasker wrote:I really spend most of my time playing Neverwinter Nights 2 rather than studying :).
Tell me about it. You lock yourself in your room and cancel all important appointments and occasions in order to study, and then you start making pencil forts... Always happens :P
Wow I thought I'm the only one who always do this? :p