Tree Scene Node v2.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Wow. This still compile and run under 1.6SVN (only got 6 warning into MSVC)
Downloaded the "proceduralTrees" archive from the last messages in this thread to check if it was still working. It really does! :D

I had a 10 FPS framerate, I checked the code and found at line 236:

Code: Select all

device->sleep(100);
replaced it with:

Code: Select all

device->yield();
The 10FPS was anoying me as first I was thinking it was the tree node that was very process intensive. Now the display show around 500 FPS here.. :) Much better.
marmz

Post by marmz »

Recompiled also Irrlicht with no optimization.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0804cab3 in irr::IReferenceCounted::drop () at ../../include/SMaterial.h:251
251 //! Sets the i-th texture
Current language: auto; currently c++

(gdb) bt
#0 0x0804cab3 in irr::IReferenceCounted::drop () at ../../include/SMaterial.h:251
#1 0x0804bf57 in main ()

That's all... :roll:
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Looks like you didn't compile your app with -g, so symbols are missing. But I still think that you call drop on something you shouldn't. Do you drop a scene node which is part of the scene graph?
marmz

Post by marmz »

The app is the main program in Procedural Trees (latest version). I wrote no app for now.
I recompiled it with -g flag.
GDB output:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0804cab3 in irr::IReferenceCounted::drop (this=0x0) at ../../include/IReferenceCounted.h:116
116 --ReferenceCounter;
(gdb) bt
#0 0x0804cab3 in irr::IReferenceCounted::drop (this=0x0) at ../../include/IReferenceCounted.h:116
#1 0x0804bf57 in main () at main.cpp:142

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the function....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int main()
{
srand( (u32)time(0) ); // This is to generate random seeds.

IrrlichtDevice* device = createDevice( video::EDT_OPENGL );

CEventReceiver receiver;
device->setEventReceiver( &receiver );

manager = device->getSceneManager();
driver = device->getVideoDriver();

gui::IGUIEnvironment* guienv = device->getGUIEnvironment();
//
// Load tree designs
//
for ( s32 i=0; i<NUM_TREE_DESIGNS; i++ )
{
treeDesigns.Generator = new CTreeGenerator( manager );

io::IXMLReader* xml = device->getFileSystem()->createXMLReader( treeDesignFiles.DesignFile );

treeDesigns.Generator->loadFromXML( xml );

xml->drop();

treeDesigns.TreeTexture = driver->getTexture( treeDesignFiles.TreeTextureFile );

treeDesigns.LeafTexture = driver->getTexture( treeDesignFiles.LeafTextureFile );

treeDesigns.BillTexture = driver->getTexture( treeDesignFiles.BillTextureFile );
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not enough skilled in this to debug it, please help! :oops:
marmz

SOLVED

Post by marmz »

Ok.. it was much simple than i expected...
I was putting executable in wrong place... :shock:
now i created a folder bin/ inside project folder.. and put executable there.
and now it loads xml design and textures.

thank u for help.. :oops: program is very nice :lol:
Darktib

Post by Darktib »

For those who doesn't want to edit manually xml files, I have created a tree editor here
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

it would be a good idea to have reliefmaps and normal maps for the bark for some of the next-gen users :)
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

devsh wrote:it would be a good idea to have reliefmaps and normal maps for the bark for some of the next-gen users :)
one of the things that we've suggested on another thread is that we include some precoded shaders into irrlicht so that users can use it directly without need to write it themselves. integrate that feature into this particular addon shouldn't be hard then. you could be interested in this.
Chet

Post by Chet »

christianclavet wrote:Wow. This still compile and run under 1.6SVN (only got 6 warning into MSVC)
Downloaded the "proceduralTrees" archive from the last messages in this thread to check if it was still working. It really does! :D
14 pages of thread here with lots of downloads, which one do I start with to try this out?
Darktib

Post by Darktib »

If you just want to see the capabilities of this excellent node, you can check the TreeEditor I've done, which uses this scene node

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=34811

Else, the first download link should work.
Chet

Post by Chet »

First link in thread does not seem to work.
Mikhail9

Post by Mikhail9 »

As others have noted, I also find the scaling does not work. The trunks scale properly but the leaves do not. If you keep scaling the tree down, you just end up with a big puff-ball of leaves (that are too big).

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but in examining the code, I do see the scale vector being passed to the underlying scene node. However, it isn't passed to the billboard group that draws the leaves. Modifying the code to send it there via the constructor doesn't seem to help, though.

Anybody manage to get these wonderful trees to scale well?
polylux

Post by polylux »

Gidday!

As far as I've seen some ppl have brought it up already but noone really replied, so:
How do I get the irrEdit plugin to work? I am using irrEdit 1.5 and the "latest" tree plug-in. irrEdit's output isn't really "verbose", the only thing I see is the splash screen, then crash report and that's it. Removing the plug-in bings irrEdit back to live immediately.

Suggestions very welcome! :)

Cheers,
p.
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You need to compile the plugin with the same version as irrEdit uses. Otherwise this will definitely crash.
polylux

Post by polylux »

Well, THAT could be a solution! :) Sorry for having posted before giving this a try. I thought the plugins would be kinda generic.

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply! ;)
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);