MD3 Loader Update

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
madinitaly

MD3 Loader Update

Post by madinitaly »

Just a small optimization reguarding triangle indices. As always, refer to my project's homepage for downloads and details :)
powerpop

Post by powerpop »

probably good to put the URL of your homepage here as well! thanks for this work by the way - its awesome!
plummi

Post by plummi »

powerpop wrote:probably good to put the URL of your homepage here as well!
Powerpop, I think if you click on the "www"-Button after his post you'll get there... :wink:
madinitaly

Post by madinitaly »

Erm, to tell the truth there's a link in the workds "my project homepage", but it's tricky indeed.
Yes, the WWW button will bring you there, anyway, here is again the link:
http://aitolikon.sf.net
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

CStaticMeshOBJ.cpp
h:\irrlicht-0.4.2\source\fast_atof.h(68) : error C2666: 'pow' : 7 overloads have similar conversions
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(620): could be 'long double pow(long double,int)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(618): or 'long double pow(long double,long double)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(572): or 'float pow(float,int)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(570): or 'float pow(float,float)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(534): or 'double pow(int,int)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(532): or 'double pow(double,int)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(195): or 'double pow(double,double)'
while trying to match the argument list '(int, irr::f32)'
CCameraMayaSceneNode.cpp
h:\irrlicht-0.4.2\source\CCameraMayaSceneNode.cpp(246) : error C2666: 'fmod' : 3 overloads have similar conversions
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(606): could be 'long double fmod(long double,long double)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(558): or 'float fmod(float,float)'
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(191): or 'double fmod(double,double)'
while trying to match the argument list '(irr::f32, double)'
There were two errors when I tried to compile it with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Version 2003.

So, what should I set the prototype to be? I just recently learned C++, but from what I understand it, I have to know what two types of variables it will always use.

Also, I couldn't get the included .exe to run. Something about the entry point.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
madinitaly

Post by madinitaly »

Uhmmm, looks like MS VC++ .NET has a different math library wich can interfere with some math functions used in the engine. You could try to comment out the #include <math.h> then see wich functions are missing and include/define them. Anyway the problem is related to the compilation of the engine itself - CStaticMeshObj.cpp is a file I didn't touch.
Wolf Dreamer

perhaps in the next engine release

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Oh well... I tried, but alas, it was beyond my current skills and level of sanity to master.

This is something useful that should probably be included in the next Irrlicht Engine release. It already includes every other file format.

I guess the guy making it will notice your initial post.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
madinitaly

0.5 update

Post by madinitaly »

And of course I updated the loader. Avaliable -> here <-

@Wolf Dreamer: unfortunately I don't have a copy of MS VisualStudio .NET, otherwise I'd be happy to fix that problem and add a VS precompiled library as well.