[DevC++] dll with directx 9.0c support available

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

ent1ty wrote:Any idea why is my mouse not responding anymore with your .dlls and libIrrlicht? It's doing this only under DX's, when i switch back to OGL but keep your dlls etc. it works fine again.
greetings :) it is a straight up compile of Irrlicht so I'm not sure why it would be happening. The DLLs are running the examples that use mouse fine in all 3 (OGL/DX9/DX8) and I havent heard of anyone else with the issue. I have had weird things happen when not all files have been fully rebuilt in a project. I would do a full rebuild of your project if you havent already and make sure no other Irrlicht DLLs can be found in your path.
Cyan 3D

Re: [DevC++] dll with directx 9.0c support available

Post by Cyan 3D »

Hey!! I cann't download the precompiled_directx package from your provided Website:(

So how can I download This anyway??:|
Cyan_3d
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

greetings :) what happens when you click the download? it is working for me and has been dowloaded many times this month.
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

this one is a little different. it contains a precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.7.2 Irrlicht.dll and a DX9 only DLL. Both include OGL and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using CodeBlocks 8.02/MingW 5.1.4 and UPXd. i ran the GCC exe samples after building and they ran.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_7_2.zip
stash

Post by stash »

Hi guys.. I have a question...

I use 2 computers (Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64) and I compiled the irrlicht with the Directx 9 headers.. well, on Windows Vista x64, my Irrlicht.dll have 6Mb.. on Windows 7 x64 30Mb.. what´s the problem or what is wrong? The same irrlicht 1.7.2 source and Directx 9 package are used.

Thanks!
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I'd swear you are compiling with all the debugging information... but i can't tell. The smallest irrlicht DLL i have gotten with GCC compilers is around 4.23 Mb, stripping all the symbols (enabling the option -s) and the debugging data. (not enabling the option -g) And using the switches -O2 to optimize speed and -OS to optimize the size.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
stash

Post by stash »

Thanks Mel..
I really compiled with debug information.. I´m used the release option and the Irrlicht.dll size have 5.8Mb.. for me is very well.. thanks!
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

greetings! dont forget about UPX. it will take the final DLL down further.
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

here is the precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.7.3 libIrrlicht.dll and a DX9 only DLL. Both include OGL and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using CodeBlocks 8.02/MingW 5.1.4 and UPXd. i ran the GCC exe samples after building and they ran.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_7_3.zip

enjoy :)
jamesst20

Post by jamesst20 »

garrittg wrote:here is the precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.7.3 libIrrlicht.dll and a DX9 only DLL. Both include OGL and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using CodeBlocks 8.02/MingW 5.1.4 and UPXd. i ran the GCC exe samples after building and they ran.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_7_3.zip

enjoy :)
Omg thanks !! Omg thanks !! :D Finally something that works ! I couldn't use anything because it kept saying "your program stopped working" or "Votre programme a cessé de fonctionner"

Omg that even work in QtCreator and Code::blocks!! Thanks :D
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

wow.
O_O
woooooooooooooow!
Seriously, dx8 and dx9 support? I have been searching for dx8 support for quite a while!
Awesome!
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"