[DevC++] dll with directx 9.0c support available

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
JP

Post by JP »

Just thought i'd say that i realy appreciate the work of providing these IrrDX downloads, very useful! Keep up the good work!
Image Image Image
Tarzan02

Post by Tarzan02 »

high i've tried your solution and i've got an error on the linker:

La ligne entr‚e est trop longue.

mingw32-make.exe: *** [Default Profile/Irrlicht.exe] Error 255

Execution terminated

someone has an idea ??
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

here is a precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.4.2 Irrlicht.dll and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using the newest CodeBlocks and MingW 5.1.4. the DLL again ended up a bit bigger than normal, so in addition to NDEBUG i also added the compiler options -s (strip all symbols) and -Os (optimize generated code for size). it is UPXd. all this resulted in a significantly smaller DLL. i ran the hello world GCC exe provided and it ran. i am not yet able to test it on the rest of the samples.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_4_2.zip
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

garrittg wrote:here is a precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.4.2 Irrlicht.dll and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using the newest CodeBlocks and MingW 5.1.4. the DLL again ended up a bit bigger than normal, so in addition to NDEBUG i also added the compiler options -s (strip all symbols) and -Os (optimize generated code for size). it is UPXd. all this resulted in a significantly smaller DLL. i ran the hello world GCC exe provided and it ran. i am not yet able to test it on the rest of the samples.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_4_2.zip
i really need this thank you garrittg. i realized that open renderer has quite a few problems especially material and light.
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

here is a precompiled DX9/DX8 compatible v1.5 Irrlicht.dll and libIrrlicht.a. this was compiled using CodeBlocks 8.02/MingW 5.1.4 and UPXd. i ran the hello world GCC exe provided and it ran. i am not yet able to test it on the rest of the samples.

http://www.gprogs.com/irrlicht.mod/IrrDX_v1_5.zip

enjoy :)

also, im curious about the post from yoquese. im leery of jumping to something different for DX8 since the current method is time-tested, but not requiring a seperate DLL is enticing. i may look into this in the future when i have a bit more time.
9YkKsvXM

Post by 9YkKsvXM »

-
Last edited by 9YkKsvXM on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Nate_D wrote:Under the C++ compiler tab and the compiler tab I added:
-D_IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DIRECTX_8_=1
-D_IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DIRECTX_9_=1
you must define this in the IrrCompileConfig.h file !!! ;)
and not =1, just uncoment the define(s) in IrrCompileConfig.h...
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If those defines were not already enabled in IrrCompileConfig.h passing them on the command line as shown would be enough. However, with gcc you need a different define: -DIRR_COMPILE_WITH_DX9_DEV_PACK
If you also need DX8 (which is disabled by default) you should keep the DIRECTX_8 define as well.
9YkKsvXM

Post by 9YkKsvXM »

-
9YkKsvXM

Post by 9YkKsvXM »

-
psydox

Post by psydox »

For the past few days, Dev-C++ and wxDevCPP is giving me a headache... There are errors when building the DLL,

Code: Select all

Errors:
 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\COpenGLDriver.cpp In member function `bool irr::video::COpenGLDriver::initDriver(irr::SIrrlichtCreationParameters)': 

72 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\COpenGLDriver.cpp [Warning] 'PixelFormat' might be used uninitialized in this function 

C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\CImageLoaderPNG.cpp In member function `virtual irr::video::IImage* irr::video::CImageLoaderPng::loadImage(irr::io::IReadFile*) const': 

93 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\CImageLoaderPNG.cpp [Warning] variable 'image' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork' 

93 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\CImageLoaderPNG.cpp In static member function `static irr::u32 irr::os::Timer::getRealTime()': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp [Warning] 'affinityMask' might be used uninitialized in this function 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::initVirtualTimer()': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp [Warning] 'affinityMask' might be used uninitialized in this function 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::initTimer()': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::tick()': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::setTime(irr::u32)': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::startTimer()': 

103 C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\os.cpp In static member function `static void irr::os::Timer::setSpeed(irr::f32)': 

Help here please ^_^
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Warning just means "Hmm, not sure if this should be as is". But you can still work with it, it's pretty safe :)
psydox

Post by psydox »

hybrid wrote:Warning just means "Hmm, not sure if this should be as is". But you can still work with it, it's pretty safe :)
Thanks for the reply sir, but the main problem is during linking, there is an error that prevent DevCPP to make it DLL...

Here is the error sir:

C:\irrlicht-1.5\source\Irrlicht\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [../../bin/DevCPP/Irrlicht.dll] Error 255 
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I think that "error 255" just means the command line is too long. Try using this to do the last step.

You may also want to try a nightly build.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
psydox

Post by psydox »

bitplane wrote:I think that "error 255" just means the command line is too long. Try using this to do the last step.

You may also want to try a nightly build.
I'm still getting an error sir, here's the error:

C:\Dev-Cpp\bin>dllwrap.exe --output-def C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\Win32-gcc\libIrrlich
t.def --driver-name c++ --implib C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\Win32-gcc\libIrrlicht.a C:\
irrlicht-1.5\bin\DevCPP\Obj\*.o  -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32
-lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lodbc32 -l
odbccp32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -o C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\Win32-gcc\Irrlicht.dll
dllwrap.exe: no export definition file provided.
Creating one, but that may not be what you want
C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\DevCPP\Obj\CIrrDeviceWin32.o(.text+0xa7b):CIrrDeviceWin32.cp
p: undefined reference to `joyGetPosEx@8'
C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\DevCPP\Obj\CIrrDeviceWin32.o(.text+0x4b76):CIrrDeviceWin32.c
pp: undefined reference to `joyGetNumDevs@0'
C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\DevCPP\Obj\CIrrDeviceWin32.o(.text+0x50a8):CIrrDeviceWin32.c
pp: undefined reference to `joyGetPosEx@8'
C:\irrlicht-1.5\bin\DevCPP\Obj\CIrrDeviceWin32.o(.text+0x524e):CIrrDeviceWin32.c
pp: undefined reference to `joyGetDevCapsA@12'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap.exe: c++ exited with status 1