Irrlicht Blender Plugin Irrb 0.6 Setup and Use Tutorial

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
tasulife

Irrlicht Blender Plugin Irrb 0.6 Setup and Use Tutorial

Post by tasulife »

The irrb blender plugin allows construction, configuration and exporting of advanced real-time-shaded scenes to the Irrlicht Engine. It is an extremely powerful piece of game development software. This is more or less your best option when it comes to creating shaded level geometry for Irrlicht.

The Irrb plugin had its hay-day between 2008 and 2012, but development has trailed off. Unfortunately when development halted, the documentation was left woefully out of date. (I should say, there is up-to-date documentation but you have to bend over backwards to build it yourself).

In order to make learning the irrb software easier for newcomers, I present these installation and useage instructions. With this tutorial, you do not have to spend time digging through forum posts and building the documentation from source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5b9Mj-yeU

The first section of the tutorial covers installation,
and the second section covers how to use it.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Re: Irrlicht Blender Plugin Irrb 0.6 Setup and Use Tutorial

Post by chronologicaldot »

Thanks!
AReichl

Re: Irrlicht Blender Plugin Irrb 0.6 Setup and Use Tutorial

Post by AReichl »

I have created the documentation for irrb-0.6 ( .epub, html in different variants ). I had to install "sphinx" first to generate it ( why does everybody use another documentation system ? ).
I don't know how to offer them - maybe somebody could help?

I have followed the video tutorial and thought: THAT's something we could use for irrlicht (Tubras probably is too far gone to be compatible). An Irrlicht-Player (in Tubras called "iwalktest") that allows loading and viewing/walking a scene (or only mesh) created in Blender (Tubras even has bullet physics!).