Making BSP maps for Irrlicht with NetRadiant

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Re: Making BSP maps for Irrlicht with NetRadiant

Post by Cube_ »

Really awesome. **Scrapping GTKRadiant, downloading NetRadiant**
I was looking for a tutorial like this.
just one thing. I like mapping in blender! (But texturing is a bi*ch, so I would go and export as *.map and then Import and texture it ^^*, just the way I do it :D)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
virtualvoid

Re: Making BSP maps for Irrlicht with NetRadiant

Post by virtualvoid »

Sorry for digging up this old post!

I tried to follow this tutorial and ran into some troubles with compiling netradiant on debian jessie 64bit (8.5, 3.16.0-4-amd64).
When compiling I first got this error:

Code: Select all

Checking for glib/gutils.h (libglib2.0-dev)... not found, please install it or set PKG_CONFIG_PATH right!
I got this even though I had libglib2.0-dev installed from repository.
I disabled the dependency check by editing the Makefile, and I got alot of compiling errors like this:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:29:2: error: #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
 #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
After some research, I found that libglib2.0 has changed the way how the library can be included. Since some version, you can only import the main header-file glib.h, imports like glib/gtypes.h are not longer supported. (Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2011 ... d-directly)
Changing all the imports in the source code solved this problem for me!

To do so follow these 3 steps:

1) First, find all files that need to be changed:

find . -iregex '.*\.\(h\|c\|cpp\)$' -print0 | xargs -0 grep "glib/"
2) This will give you a list of all files that have lines like this:

#include <glib/*.h>
You need to change all of them to the following, regardless of what specific .h-file they include:

#include <glib.h>
Sometimes, the include is not at the beginning of the file and you'll need to search through it !
Repeat the command from 1) to make sure all occurrences are updated. The output should then be empty.
3)

make
I hope this helps someone!