jokoon

Re: [Tutorial] Getting started on Mac OS X

Post by jokoon »

thanks, I'm going to try it.
DSDeniso

Post by DSDeniso »

Hi,

Do anyone know if there exist a tutorial for the latest OS X/Xcode (or maybe create one). This is pretty outdated and I would wish i could start using this. I think that i have compiled it properly, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
DSDeniso
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

In the latest Irrlicht from SVN (trunk) go to sources/Irrlicht/MacOSX and run XCode project. In XCode just select one of examples and build it.

BTW. If you build Irrlicht for MacOSX 10.6+ you don't need Carbon, because we use Cacoa for those OSes.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
Philth

Post by Philth »

Half the examples will not compile, lots of warnings when building irr about deprecated calls and such.

Could use some OSX effort. I'm looking for a good cross platform option.
hendu

Post by hendu »

Not sure there is one. Ogre, for example, is really bad on Linux, being mostly Windows-centric. Irr has no dedicated Mac dev, and so on.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

hendu wrote:Irr has no dedicated Mac dev, and so on.
It's not true :P

Please use Irrlicht v1.8.1, all should works fine (except issues with software drivers on OSX 10.9, missing joystick support and external windowID, OSX port of Irrlicht support the same features as eg. Windows or Linux). I'm using Irrlicht most of the time under Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS and in last time Android too without problems. Remember that iOS and Android ports are still under development, so those may not support some features.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
hendu

Post by hendu »

You jump around all systems, so I don't count you as "dedicated Mac" ;)

If there was a dedicated mac dev, there would never be mac build failures, and other small mac bugs could be immediately addressed. That's not the case now.