Who is everybody?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
qwe

Who is everybody?

Post by qwe »

Who are you? Where are you from? what's your programming background?

I am:

A 16-year old homeschooled kid in Oregon, USA(pacific NW) who's been at computers for as long as I can remember. Started programming at age 10 or even before, I can't remember exactly when. Started out with QBasic :oops: then went on to Pascal, and now, finally, C++.
I'm currently trying to create(with my sister's help) a game featuring certain choice Lego characters. This'll be a hobby project, not a commercial game, in order to avoid licensing fees 8)
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Well..................

Name: Tom Williams
Languages: C++, HTML, JavaScript(somewhat), and... some "fake" programming languages.

Been programming since... June/July of this year.(2003) Not much to say... i've got some of my stuff from the past on my site.
Masdus

Post by Masdus »

Name: John Bayliss
Languages : C++/C, fortran, HTML, Java, Basic, Perl, Phyton, Assembly, Delphi/Pascal
Location Newcastle, Australia

Been programming since i was 5 on and old texas system. Building web pages since i was 12, only started C++ and C since i began uni[/b]
HIM

Post by HIM »

Name: Martin
Languages: ASP, VB, Javascript, Java, C#

Started programming at age 7 with basica. Currently working mostly with VB, ASP. Started with c++ for about 2 months ago...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Very interesting thread :)

Code: Select all

core::stringc name = "Nikolaus Gebhardt";
s32 age = 24;
char* languages[] = {"C/C++", "C#", "Java", "Delphi", "PHP", "PL/SQL", "VisualBasic", "and some others"};
core::stringc location = "Vienna, Austria"
Started programming with BASIC at the age of 14, worked some years as programmer for game companies, now studiying software engineering.
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

Name: Vincent van Rooijen
Languages: HTML, PHP, Java(and Jscript), C++ and Basic :D
Visit my website @ www.venex.be
Plethora project will be added to the site
AMD AthlonXP 2600+, 512MB DDR, Radeon M10 (mobile 9600) PRO 64MB, WinXP
FleshCrawler

Post by FleshCrawler »

Name: Daniel
Languages: C/C++ and thats it :P

Started programming while i was 11 on Dos, but never created anything good, i now started active programming when i found irrlicht :P
I've been absent for really long, but i'm ready to reign my terror on you once again, mwuahahahahaha
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Code: Select all

//!Removed namespaces to seperate IUnknown from irr::IUnknown
irr::core::stringc name = "John Goewert"; 
ir::s32 age = 27; 
irr::c8* languages[] = {"Visual_Basic", "Perl", "PHP", "Java", "Pascal", "IBM Assembly", "Motorola Assemply/PLA", "Mainframe Assembly", "Mainframe COBOL", "C++", "RPG/RPGLE", "Basic"}; 
irr::core::stringc jobfunction= "I was a green-screener (mainframe progammer) out of college. I'm now THE Systems Admin for the eCommerce division (100+ people) of an international corporation. I program for fun and personal profit. ^^";
Crud, how do I do this again?
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Name:Stas(i know it's weird)
Languages: C/C++ and Pascal.

I started programming at the age of 12.I was programming at Pascal first but then i moved to C/C++ and after that i discoverd Irrlicht. :wink:
Last edited by Cleves on Wed May 31, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Name: Thomas
Languages: Delphi, Java, (HTML), (JavaScript), QBasic :D and some C++

I've taken my first steps in computer programming with good old QBasic at the age of 9 or 10 I think. Later on I've discovered Borland Delphi at school and currently I'm learning to use Java at the university. Irrlicht now pushs me to have a deeper look at C++ :).
parrazial

parrazial

Post by parrazial »

:lol: Hello
I am not good programmer.
but could you visit my site and my free little game
say your opinion !!!
http://www.eve-corp.com/europemoon/ :arrow:
Do you like it . It is for you.
could you fill comment of my site??? :?:
keless

Post by keless »

Name: Paul Zirkle
Languages: C/C++, PHP, HTML/JavaScript, Python, SQL

First program in HS on a TI-83, a LORD clone. Graduated University of Southern California with a Bach of Sci in Computer Science one year ago. I have written tutorials on basic game engine programming ( http://www.skyesurfer.net/keless/vgp/ ) and have made a game called FuzzPop ( http://www.skyesurfer.net/keless/FuzzPop/ ), as well as the IrrLicht Tetris game I am currently working on.

I have also made a cell phone game engine for BREW called MQEngine, and am currently contracted to make Ninja Gaiden (original title, not a clone) for BREW enabled cell phones.

Though college taught me syntax, I taught myself everything else. There is no substitute for motivated personal research.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
Zaelsius

Post by Zaelsius »

Name: Julio Gorgé
Languages: C/C++, VB, JavaScript, SQL
Ocupation: Computer Science student and lazy contributor to the engine :P

Coding since I was 14, I'd like to have more free time to help, but university usually sucks. :?

Right now finishing a mobile phone game and setting up my rear for the february exams.

http://www.zsgames.tk
Silberwolf

Post by Silberwolf »

My Name is Markus
My Age is 38
I developed my first game in 1981 on a sinclair zx spectrum (therefore you can call me a dinosaur :oops: )
Mostly working with Java i try to get familiar with c++ by using the addictive irrlicht-engine for making a game.
Zizilamoroso

Post by Zizilamoroso »

Hi,

I'm 28 years old, maybe very old to some.

I've started out on a shitty HP laptop when I was 10. The laptop weighted over 20 kilo's, so you can imagine...

Then I bought a Commodore AMIGA when it hit the street. I coded for over 10 years on that machine(!!!), mainly in amos, some sort of prehistorical OO-like game language. At that time, pc's had 4 colors (if you could afford the extension card, that is) while the amiga already had 4096 colors built-in.

Now I can code C/C++, Java (also on palmpilot), VB, Cobol, TPascal, Assembler IBM360, ...