Who is everybody?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Re: Who is everybody?

Post by Cube_ »

Interesting, newsuperyoshi
What is the name of the company? (I am interested in what software you have developed, that's all ^^)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
kklouzal

Post by kklouzal »

Hello! I love C++ and programming!
Last edited by kklouzal on Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream Big Or Go Home.
Help Me Help You.
Squarefox
Competition winner

Post by Squarefox »

I am a hamster.
cat.exe

Post by cat.exe »

I am William Bowers, 15, a sophomore. My father is in the US air force, so I've lived in many different places; right now, we are stationed in MacDill AFB, FL. I've been doing computers for a long time. I started with small basic, then went pretty much straight to c++ and java. I've never really done anything significant in my programming (hobby) career, but I'm working on changing that. Irrlicht has truly allowed me to rise to a higher standard (I can't think of one way in which it is not perfect.)
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Well it can't make ice-cold chocolate milk :!: :|
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

cat.exe wrote:Irrlicht has truly allowed me to rise to a higher standard (I can't think of one way in which it is not perfect.
The same was for me. Thanks to Irrlicht I learned OOP which changed my entire programming life ;-)
FlyingSauce

Post by FlyingSauce »

Looks like I'm a little late to this, but meh. :P

I'm not saying my name for privacy concerns, but I'm a 16 year old boy who was born in Mississippi and just recently moved to Indiana. I haven't really been seriously playing video games for very long; meaning I didn't really stop using cheats until I was 12, because that's when I got VAC banned. D: (I've seen the light since then) When I was 8, I wanted to be a web developer, so my dad downloaded Microsoft Frontpage and I tried to create a Gorillaz themed Myspace clone. The most I could do was create a really crappy looking website with a picture of Noodle on the index page. I eventually got around to learning basic HTML when I was 10 and tried to move on to PhP to create a MySQL login. I succeeded with making the login function, but I couldn't really make user pages and stuff, ya know?

In the back of my mind, I always wanted to be a game developer, but I only had one idea: To make an online Harry Potter MMORPG, so I opened up a Flash trial and tried to make a Harry Potter avatar chat. (You know how it went, I didn't even bother making graphics) After failing miserably, I found this cool thing called BYOND when I was 11. It was basically this scripting language that let you make your own multiplayer games in the style of old SNES RPG's. I was desperate, so I downloaded it and learned the language, which took me about 4 years because I was so stupid. I attempted the Harry Potter project many times, the first time I did it, I just copied and pasted some one else' source code and added a few extra objects. I eventually learned how to use the language effectively, and just a few months ago, I tried to revive the project. It was going pretty well, and I had just finished the core of the engine. Except there were a few major errors. The AI made the game lag really bad, even when running in the background, and the onscreen text made the entire server lag when enabled.

It was then when I realized that BYOND just sucked. Almost everything was server side, which left little room for optimization from the developer, and there were just SO MANY LIMITATIONS. So I scrapped the project and left the whole BYOND mess for C++. Fortunately for me, BYOND already had similarities to Javascript, which kind of had similarities to most major programming languages... Also, I had been using C++ on/off simultaneously while learning BYOND. :P

So, I searched through all of the libraries and API's, including DirectX, SDL2, and Allegro. I had tried out all of them and decided I wanted a 3D capable rendering library with Linux support, and Irrlicht was one of the first results. Now, I am happily learning the proper syntax behind OOP and how to use the Irrlicht engine effectively.

So, thanks, Irrlicht! :D
ralian

Post by ralian »

Character spawn!

Hi, I'm ralian. I've been programming for five years now, with c++ for two. I've been using irrlicht for a few months now, and the short time I've used it for has truly made me a 'believer.' I registered today in case I need any help, in case I can help others, or in case I have something interesting to show off.

thanks.

-ralian 8)
Asimov

Post by Asimov »

Hi Darkwhopy,
Name: Tom Williams
I laughed at this. My name is also Thomas Williams, and I am 45.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Post by chronologicaldot »

^ lol. On this day one year ago...
Caused me to click this thread. Who hasn't made assumptions about dates? No pun intended.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

And now another year has passed, caused me to click this thread lol. :D
ethanscott

Post by ethanscott »

Hello All!
I am Ethan and I actually want to work with RaspberryPi extensively and I know this forum will help me out with any issues that I may face
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Post by chronologicaldot »

Welcome!
I don't recall anyone ever mentioning running Irrlicht on RaspberryPi. :-? Not that it couldn't be done... but you'll may need to shop around again if you want a forum for learning generic C++ and RaspberryPi.
Or maybe you meant to say "Irrlicht"? ... or maybe you were trying to post on a different forum?
francisbaud

Post by francisbaud »

Hey, I'm Francis, 32 y/o from Canada. I've had a very little introduction to programming in 2017, then have been checking some tutorials from time to time. I'm not sure yet I'd be able to program properly as I have trouble remembering terms and syntax. But I guess it could also help my memory to learn new stuff. I do need a lot more discipline though, to devote more time into it. I might start with a free course online and see how things go.