How to make GIFs of your IRrlicht games?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
REDDemon
Developer

How to make GIFs of your IRrlicht games?

Post by REDDemon »

I noticed there are lot of online tools with pletora of options for converting videos into GIFs, though is there any free and reliable video capturing tool? These days where social are so trending I think it is cool if everyone could posts GIFs of their irrlicht games.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
hendu

Re: How to make GIFs of your IRrlicht games?

Post by hendu »

Since the app is yours, output each frame yourself, guaranteeing no dropped frames unlike recording programs. screenshot() and save as PNG.

Then convert them to gif using imagemagick or program of your choice, and animate + optimize using gifsicle.
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

probably easiest is to just capture it with gyazo, there may be dropped frames but gifs are usually somewhat lower framerate anyway so you'd want to drop them anyway or they'd run awfully on lower power machines.
Maybe gyazo even has an API for proper integration, who knows... well actually I do, it's right here: https://gyazo.com/api

Or you could output the frames manually and write a gif using them, but that sounds like more work than it's worth.
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

cool Gyazo..
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me