tapeworm

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
kazymjir

tapeworm

Post by kazymjir »

Hi!

What about to create light topic, where users can talk about everything?
Not only Irllicht, but everything! Life, coding, weather, hobbys, work, everything :)

This will make our community more close to us, will make more friends, and make lot of friendly climate :)

So I'll start topic,
what is your job?
I am webdev, PHP, databases (mostly MySQL), some javascript with ajax, typical webdev job :)
Currently I am looking for stable-job, now I am working as freelancer.
I am trying now to create portfolio, write some articles, libs and show it to possible work-givers.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

The title is a bit vague, i thought you wanted help with a tapeworm infestation of your gut :lol:
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Hehe :D
Ok, let's make this thread going guys, write something :)
lpersona

Post by lpersona »

a few years ago i actually did ask for medical advice on a public forum.
it still embarrasses me :(
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

In one episode of House MD, there was this patient with a tapeworm. Coincidently, she had also CIPA(numbness to pain), so they didn't even bother putting her to sleep when cutting into her stomach in order to remove the worm. It was kind of cool :D

Image Image
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Lol that picture is so wrong on many levels, laparotomy without muscle relaxant?, even if shes numb to pain Youd need to intubate her since the muscle relaxant will impair her diaphragm.

A better episode on tape worms is house episode one, neurocysticercosis unique to pork tape worm.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

I thought this topic was supposed to be about
Not only Irllicht, but everything! Life, coding, weather, hobbys, work, everything
not tapeworms. Aek you really need to change the title.
what is your job?
I don't have a steady job. As a full time college student i don't really have time for one. I would love to work part time at a computer/video game related job. Unfortunately there is nothing around here at all. The only thing even remotely related is gamestop, but they're NEVER hiring :evil: So I spend my free time working on my irrlicht projects and playing xbox.
multum in parvo
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

This topic can about everything, even about tapeworms :D

I think about some non-programming work, in my city there is lot of computer-stores. Maybe there ill find work.
It's less paid than programming, but more time for Irrlicht programming :P
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I'll start my new job as a Objective-C programmer in a few days. I'll be working on iPad applications and whatnot. Looking forward to it! It's totally new field (and language) for me but I like a challenge.
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

I plan on getting a job in the chemical engineering field. After this semester I will have a BS of Science in Chemical Engineering but at the same time wouldnt mind picking a job in something else just so I can develop my Irrlicht projects more.
Tihtinen

Post by Tihtinen »

I'm also aiming for Bachelor of Science (in software engineering) this spring, plus I work part-time as a Qt programmer in the software industry.

My bachelor's thesis is about post processing shaders (mainly in irrlicht, of course ;D). Hopefully I can do it and possibly publish my tech demo here later this spring :)
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Nice!

I see many people still studying.
I also studying, but still in high-school. Have classes only in weekends, so I have lot of time for my stuff on working-days.
Unfortunately, no time for Irrlicht :( Must work on webdev for now.

Eigen, I have question about your game "Princess and the banjo".
In level 7 (but not sure that is level 7) there are two green doors, but only one green key.
One door lead to exit to next level, second door lead to lot of gold coins.
It's bug or feature? :)
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

aek wrote: Eigen, I have question about your game "Princess and the banjo".
In level 7 (but not sure that is level 7) there are two green doors, but only one green key.
One door lead to exit to next level, second door lead to lot of gold coins.
It's bug or feature? :)
I think you're talking about level 6. Let me put it this way - it's not a bug ;)
Read the instruction screen again, it mentions this situation, that about choosing the right door. In that level collecting that treasure is not needed and you still get the bonus if you collect everything else. It's there to trick the player.
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Nice 8)
Btw, it's very nice game. Played it today for almost 2 hours without break :D
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

Thanks! I'll be very impressed, if you complete the game 8) The last levles are quite difficult, even for me. Level 17 .. oh god :D