Static Build Target Name

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
REDDemon
Developer

Re: Static Build Target Name

Post by REDDemon »

Darktib wrote:And every line of code is a potential disaster. If well done, preprocessor can be really useful (and DEBUG or NDEBUG sometimes are really useful).
if well done, FEW preprocessor can be usefull, I see too many code with too much preprocessor. Especially evil are preprocessors that generate 2 different versions of same source file. Macro can be usefull just not abuse it.

I was referring indirectly to Cmake, there are also alternatives (I tried Cmake, and few alternatives and ended up generating makefiles under linux with bash scripts. If you already used Bash it is much more convenient IMO, It assumes just a certain directory structure and probably is not very cross-platform but is a simple solution that works for me on the few platforms I support).

Also if you use Dependency injection and google mock, you'll probably never need a DEBUG directive ;)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me