Any .Net binding for irrLicht that supports Linux?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
jimmy00784

Any .Net binding for irrLicht that supports Linux?

Post by jimmy00784 »

Hi,
I am a .Net programmer and I like irrLicht. I've searched for a .Net binding for irrLicht that would be compatible with Linux but haven't found any so far.
I am experimenting with creating a wrapper myself under Linux using SWIG and preliminary results are very promising. I can load a 3d scene. But before I spend anymore time on it, I wanted to check one more time.
Is anyone aware of a Linux compatible or a true Cross Platform .Net binding that I could use instead?
If not, then I'll setup a repository on GitHub so others can contribute and benefit as well.
Thanks,
Karim
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Re: Any .Net binding for irrLicht that supports Linux?

Post by Cube_ »

afaik there are no up to date bindings for .NET, Irrlicht lime exists but it's outdated and I don't know if it runs on linux
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
Eventide

Post by Eventide »

I'm not a .net programmer but, can't you just compile it with Mono?
jimmy00784

Post by jimmy00784 »

@Eventide: Not that simple since C/C++ and C# are completely different languages.
Also, other .Net bindings that I've found, like IrrLicht Lime have been build over IrrLicht's library for specific to Windows.
jimmy00784

Post by jimmy00784 »

I've created a GitHub repo at https://github.com/jimmy00784/IrrlichtDotNet to host any work that I do towards this creating a .Net binding for irrLicht.
Initially, much of the focus will be on creating a Linux centric binding, however, since SWIG is cross platform, if community is interested in the effort, it could become more cross platform than that.
Thanks
Karim