Irrlicht running on the OUYA

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Mitchell M

Irrlicht running on the OUYA

Post by Mitchell M »

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't already been a few topics about Irrlicht and the OUYA already. I know there is some stuff that would allow you to use Irrlicht at least a little bit with Android and that there are also ways you can get the OUYA ODK to work with C++ but how hard would it to do both of these at once? Certainly I can't be the only one that likes developing with Irrlicht and would like to use it with the OUYA rather then using some other game engine. I've already tried researching a lot about this but I haven't found much yet. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitchell
codetiger

Re: Irrlicht running on the OUYA

Post by codetiger »

I have plans to port my game made using Irrlicht to OUYA. Irrlicht already has Android port, so it should be straight forward and work with only minor fixes. I'll be working on it after we release our game in couple of weeks.
IrrNaCl - Irrlicht Port for Google Chrome Native Client - Demo

Iyan 3D - Make your own 3d animation using your iOS Device
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

Well, in my experience the android port runs just fine, so I don't really see why anyone would bother making a topic about it (haven't tried input yet but it should be straightforward)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

I'm a little bit interested in the OUYA, but it's not yet available in germany.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Mitchell M

Post by Mitchell M »

aaammmsterdddam wrote:Well, in my experience the android port runs just fine, so I don't really see why anyone would bother making a topic about it (haven't tried input yet but it should be straightforward)
Well thats why I posted under the beginner section didn't understand how the whole NDK thing worked and I didn't see a lot at the time I wrote the forum but now I understand it better.
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

Mitchell M wrote:
aaammmsterdddam wrote:Well, in my experience the android port runs just fine, so I don't really see why anyone would bother making a topic about it (haven't tried input yet but it should be straightforward)
Well thats why I posted under the beginner section didn't understand how the whole NDK thing worked and I didn't see a lot at the time I wrote the forum but now I understand it better.
I see your point, but what I meant with "I don't see why anyone would bother making a topic about it" is relating to people getting it to run on the OUYA, either no one has tried or it is because it's just like any android device ^^
Mitchell M

Post by Mitchell M »

aaammmsterdddam wrote:
Mitchell M wrote:
I see your point, but what I meant with "I don't see why anyone would bother making a topic about it" is relating to people getting it to run on the OUYA, either no one has tried or it is because it's just like any android device ^^
OK I see what you mean now.

Mitchell
Cube_

Post by Cube_ »

Mitchell M wrote:
aaammmsterdddam wrote: I see your point, but what I meant with "I don't see why anyone would bother making a topic about it" is relating to people getting it to run on the OUYA, either no one has tried or it is because it's just like any android device ^^
OK I see what you mean now.

Mitchell
Awesome, oh and I'm sorry if I came off as rude (a bad-ish habit of mine is to skip all the crud and just try to lay out the relevant information, crud would be anything that isn't directly related to the issue)