OpenGL Core Profile 3.2+

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Mars_999

Re: OpenGL Core Profile 3.2+

Post by Mars_999 »

Okay but do you have an example to look at? I was under the assumption Irrlicht didn't have support for GL3.2 yet? So how are you using the GS without a GL 3.2 context?

Also I need to be able to calculate the normals in the GS, from what I read you need to have adjacent info available? Is this working also?

Thanks!
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

For the geometry shader to be adjacency info aware.. it only takes a one-liner (add primitive type EPT_ADJACENCY_TRIANGLE and handle the cases in the draw functions)

HOWEVER...

you actually need to provide the adjacency info, OpenGL wont do it magically for you, you need to index the vertices in the way that the OpenGL 3.3 spec says geom shader expects them to be indexed
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Guess this topic will have to do... have you guys seen this?
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/20/opengl-gdc2014/

I haven't really read through it and honestly, raw opengl isn't making that much sense to me, but definitely looks interesting.
The paper seems to be about GL 4.2+ so perhaps it could help with implementing the next opengl driver :)
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!