[feature requests] SceneNode parameter for shader.

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
hybrid
Admin

Re: [feature requests] SceneNode parameter for shader.

Post by hybrid »

Mel wrote:I think this isn't about serializing custom user data, but about having access to the current scene node being rendered from the constants set interface. In fact, the constants set interface is already bound to the SMaterial, whenever a material is set, it uses the proper interface to set the constants of any shader. Thus, it is simpler to modify the constants set interface to have the proper scene node. Setting something similar to a lighting manager that executed an "onNodePreRender" to set the current node would help.
That's also what I understood from the initial request, and that's why I said that this has nothing to do with the user data discussion. IIRC, we have some similar change already in the ogl-es branch, which we will merge back for Irrlicht 1.9. Maybe we can build something on top of the light manager structures, or simply give access to some stats struct via the video driver. But there's no need to pass along some maps or other huge data structs.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Old topic.. still required. But I don't see anything about that in ogl-es branch.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Post by chronologicaldot »

What's sad is that hybrid was talking about Irrlicht 1.9 back in 2012.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Then let's leap to Irrlicht 3.0 Microsoft did it, why don't we? :D
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt