Oh yeah, 0.4!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
saigumi

Oh yeah, 0.4!

Post by saigumi »

0.4 does break both of my coding samples, but no fear. They will be fixed with an extra goodie, a copy of their source in a zip for easier understanding.
Crud, how do I do this again?
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Damn Niko, you are drinking A LOT of coffee :shock:

You said v0.4 next week, but it's only Monday! Keep up the good work...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hehe, yes, but I wanted 0.4 out as fast as possible. :)

@saigumi: The most problems will be that ISceneNode::setRelativePosition() is no more available, it was replaced by ISceneNode::setPosition() to make it clear that it now works different. It took me only about 20 minutes to change everything in the engine with the new ISceneNode interfaces, so I hope it won't be much problems to fix your samples. And I think the interface won't change much again in all following releases.
Caecus

Post by Caecus »

I'd like to say, change the interface as much as needed before v1.0. If something doesn't fit, no point in building on top of it :)
knightoflight

Post by knightoflight »

the SpecialFX-demo is wonderful - with the last irrlichtversions we got the magical might to air and earth, now we get the might to fire and water.
Miguel Melo

Post by Miguel Melo »

Great job Niko! I just noticed one problem though: shadows on the demo seem to only appear when in windowed mode. I haven't looked at the code yes so I don't know if it's the demo or the engine.

But the new features are soooo sweet man!

Miguel
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Yep it's great release with a lot good options.thanks niko and keep up the good work
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Miguel Melo wrote:shadows on the demo seem to only appear when in windowed mode
Ah, interesting. But maybe in previous versions of the demo you would get a black screen or very low fps instead of no shadow. I added a check for this in 0.4, switching off shadows if they would cause problems.
Miguel Melo

Post by Miguel Melo »

irrlicht wrote:Ah, interesting. But maybe in previous versions of the demo you would get a black screen or very low fps instead of no shadow. I added a check for this in 0.4, switching off shadows if they would cause problems.
Yes, I got atrociously slow framerates with shadows on in 0.3 (but still no visible shadows :D ) As for your shadows test exec that used version 0.3.5 I can't quite remember if it had problems in Fullscreen or windowed, but it did have on one of them (will check later when I get home).

But this thing of being troublesome in FS but not win is quite strange... I have a GeForce 2 Ti using the latest detonator drivers in XP.