New phpBB3 Forum

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
hybrid
Admin

Re: New phpBB3 Forum

Post by hybrid »

Maybe your browser is broken? For me, all the buttons are right-aligned, with or without signatures.
hendu

Post by hendu »

Yes, they are right-aligned, but it looks weird when they're vertically like that.

Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

Not hovering here.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

It does hover sometimes, yeah

I think we can all agree that this style is broken beyond repair and needs to be replaced? :idea:
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Same thing happens here.

I'm pretty sure this could get fixed.
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

You can now select a theme in your preferences!
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

I'm trying to determine which is the lesser evil here. The new one is frankly just hideous, whereas the old one is so worn out. I mean, there are hundreds of styles you can choose from, but no, you have to go with the two weakest candidates. If you guys do your life choices in a similar way, i can just say that i hope you will pick up all the trash from the front of my house next week.
irrRenderer 1.0

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Fortunately for all of us, it's not you to make the decisions here. But we're all keen on your very own, special forum, that we might visit. Sometimes. In the future.
Ever wondered how many good tools and worthy information you missed, because you didn't like the forum theme? I cannot afford such a habit. So grow up, or shut up. If there's a good reason to have a third theme you have to prove it. After all, this new forum now also has an 'ignore' mode, so just complaining will lead no where.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Whoa... what just happened? :shock:

Ok, firstly, i think this decision should be made by the users. Last time i checked, i was a user of this forum, so how come i can't even voice my opinion?
Anyway, the only thing bothering me is that there was no poll. Just because 3 random users said that they want the old theme back, they got it.
The ""my own special forum" bit doesn't even make sense. I don't want my own special forum, i like this one. What i don't like, is the theme, as you may have already noticed from my previous posts. And i can't see a reason why i shouldn't suggest an alternative which might people like more.
irrRenderer 1.0

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, you do have the choice. Simply check your user control panel, and decide among the existing themes. As you might remember, there was exactly one style just one week ago. Now, you have two. Taking the last six years or so, where all people were glad with just one simple theme, you should be more than happy to have two now. But, as I said, you also have the opportunity to get a new theme installed. But this will introduce more work on our side, maybe even more risks, and so there must be very good reasons to let this happen. Also, why do you think that most people are unhappy with this theme, or the second one available on their choice? After all, only less than one per mill of the whole user base complained so far. Taking out those who just wanted the old theme back should get this number down to 4 or so (in absolute numbers!). Just get a reasonable number of users and reasons for a new theme (and for just one theme, not one theme per user) and we'll see what will be possible.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Ok i will start a poll where people can vote for a third theme(if that's fine with you)
irrRenderer 1.0

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Maybe read my proposition again. You need enough people for exactly the same style. Not enough people to want something different. So the result of your thread will be incomplete for the intended purpose.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

I was thinking first we find out if there are enough people who would like another theme, and if there are, they would agree on a single theme?
irrRenderer 1.0

REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

password recovery just doesn't work. I tried to disconnect and recover my password. No e-mail was sent to my email address. (and luckly the password wasn't resetted else I had to create a new account :) )

The forum theme is indifferent to me. I like the new one as the old one.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, mailing does not seem to work, yet. But it didn't do before, either. At least not reproducible. Every 1 of 10 mails was sent out with the old forum, all the rest just resulted in these strange error messages. I have to check the proper setup of the forum in conjunction with the SF way of sending mails. But I might get this to work in the next days.