New phpBB3 Forum

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Re: New phpBB3 Forum

Post by ent1ty »

+1
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Yeah, I would also vote for avatars on the left side if possible. Maybe it`s because I`ve used to that way. Otherwise it reminds me of the OGRE forum. If it`s not that much of work and the admins allow, we can make a poll to make sure what is preferred. Poll: A) Avatars on Left B) Avatars on Right C) Avatars in the Middle :lol:

demo: http://pics.data.bg/zoom/shared/5f61834 ... 56be303a7e
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

The current style is just the default-style in phpBB3 after a new installation (prosilver). For improving layout - there's a lot of phpBB3 styles out there - go on and make proposals! If we have a few choices then I guess we can make a poll about them. I also prefer avatars on the left for example and hope we decide on a style that allows getting fast to the last post in a thread from the index (instead of clicking those small numbers). Also would be nice if it's possible getting back the old behavior for "new posts", but not sure if that can be done with a style. Although more important for myself were features like having an improved search and better ways to fight spam now (and also no more error-dialogs after posting...).
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
hendu

Post by hendu »

Please install several themes and let the users choose for themselves :)
Sylence

Post by Sylence »

We definitely need a different theme. The Irrlicht logo doesn't fit into the default theme ;)
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.
Nalin

Post by Nalin »

I don't like how the 'unread posts' icons look on the forum index. It really bugs me. Also, the handy "Mark forums read" should also be added at the bottom of the page. I liked to scroll down, opening up the forums I wanted to see, then click "Mark forums read." Now I have to scroll all the way back up to the top.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Avitars in the middle doesnt make sence... so the poll should cover either left or right.
code happens
nespa

Post by nespa »

a nice new look! :)
Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

Nalin wrote:I don't like how the 'unread posts' icons look on the forum index. It really bugs me. Also, the handy "Mark forums read" should also be added at the bottom of the page. I liked to scroll down, opening up the forums I wanted to see, then click "Mark forums read." Now I have to scroll all the way back up to the top.
Theming of phpbb3 is not as easy as it sounds, if you can provide me with a theme you have seen, that is better then the default.
Please let me know
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, I'd also say that we should focus on maybed installing one or two other popular themes and not developing our own ones. There's more important stuff to care for than implementing and maintaining phpBB3 themes. If you have a simple change to the existing theme or style (as code, not as concept) you can also post it here for easy integration.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Grumpy wrote:Avitars in the middle doesnt make sence... so the poll should cover either left or right.
Seriously?
irrRenderer 1.0

MPKaboose

Post by MPKaboose »

I have seen avatars in the middle but its a bit ... odd :lol:, personally I would stick to a right or left one
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Sorry for the offtopic, but it seems I need to pour oil on troubled waters and mention that avatars in the middle was a joke and the stupid yellow head laughing was put to indicate that for those who have some trouble getting it. :D
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
Reiko

Post by Reiko »

I personally prefer having the poster's details at the left instead of the right. Before I could read from sorta left of the middle, now I gotta turn my head to the left edge of the screen. So it's a bit awkward. But I'm sure apart from the layout, the forum itself is probably better.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

shadowslair wrote:Sorry for the offtopic, but it seems I need to pour oil on troubled waters and mention that avatars in the middle was a joke and the stupid yellow head laughing was put to indicate that for those who have some trouble getting it. :D
I think everyone got it except for Grumpy
irrRenderer 1.0