Irrlicht Nightly Builds 2.0

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
init512

Irrlicht Nightly Builds 2.0

Post by init512 »

I started this project about six months ago, but didn't have the resources to continue hosting it until this month (it requires loads of computer time and disk space). Without further ado, here is the latest incarnation of the Irrlicht nightly build web application: http://irrlicht.convextech.ca/ Why? Because Irrlicht is awesome.

I remember someone asking about Visual Studio and amd64 builds in the previous thread about the nightly builder, so I implemented both on a Windows XP virtual machine running Visual Studio 2008 Express. In addition, wildrj and Cloudef have been kind enough to mirror the builds on their very fast connections, so expect great download speeds :).

Overall, the system builds debug and release DLLs for MinGW 32bits, VS2008 32 and 64 bits, and static libraries for Linux (gcc).

I haven't really tested the Visual Studio builds; if anyone has problems with them, I will reconfigure the build software as soon as possible.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Awesome, thank you :)

I can also offer a mirror if you like
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

This is great. Lets sticky this somewhere or put a link on the main website (If that's ok with you).
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
init512

Post by init512 »

@BlindSide: Sounds great to me. Thank you!

@bitplane: The mirror is set up, and will be refreshed at the next build. Thank you!
timetokill

Post by timetokill »

Too awesome.

I'm using VS2008, I'll try this out and let you know how it works.
jam

Post by jam »

I agree, this needs to be a sticky
Last edited by jam on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
system-independent, adj.:
Works equally poorly on all systems.
-- unknown
init512

Post by init512 »

Wow, I didn't expect anywhere near this warm of a reception for the nightly builder. Feature requests will be honoured if I have the chance to develop them.

@bitplane: I noticed you wrote on bitplane.net about the nightly builder. Thank you, good sir!
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

Aye this thing is amazing im helping by hosting a mirror "DeathTouchStudios" so if the other mirrors seem "slow" just hop onto mine. Great job init512
http://wild.deathtouchstudios.com << My gamedev blog
<Programming is a way of life>
If at first you don't succeed press the delete key till you do :)
Lil Margin

Post by Lil Margin »

Good job, really useful tool (especially if your on someone else pc )
Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

very nice!
ArakisTheKitsune

Post by ArakisTheKitsune »

Sorry for answering in old topic but does anyone know why site is down ?
Knowledge is power, understanding is wisdom.
init512

Site is back up.

Post by init512 »

The latest Linux kernel was locking up 15 minutes after boot on my server hardware. I have resolved the issue, and the site is now back up.

Sorry for the downtime!
ArakisTheKitsune

Re: Site is back up.

Post by ArakisTheKitsune »

init512 wrote:The latest Linux kernel was locking up 15 minutes after boot on my server hardware. I have resolved the issue, and the site is now back up.

Sorry for the downtime!
It's ok I was just worried that site was gone for good.
And I wish to thank you for such awesome site, you saved me and rest of Irrlicht community much time ^^
Knowledge is power, understanding is wisdom.
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

Sorry if this seems like just a postCount++, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciate this tool. I use it all the time to get the latest Irrlicht builds with ease. I really hope it stays up for quite some time to come. :D
init512

Post by init512 »

Thanks again. There isn't very much traffic through the site, but I will keep it running as long as I have access to the equipment and mirrors. Any suggestions which would get more people using this site would be appreciated as well :) More use allows me to better justify the CPU time consumed by the compilers and the bandwidth consumed by mirror uploads.