IrrExt - Is now up and running!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Probably the best idea then is to create a diff against the latest version in irrExt's SVN and provide it to the devs there.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I see "BrittleNode" in the repository. what's the use of this scene node?
Agent_X

Re: IrrExt - Is now up and running!

Post by Agent_X »

I'm having major issues getting the Theora Playback Library to work with Code::Blocks and MinGW. Just to rant for a moment:It absolutely drives me insane when an open source library is developed but the developers only release code and examples that work with MSVC which IMHO is the antithesis of Open Source! I can build the libraries but I get an "undefined reference to `_imp___ZN18TheoraVideoManagerC1Ei" when I just try to instantiate TheoraVideoManager(). The reason I'm posting this here is because IrrExt has an extension for video playback (CVideoMaster) that uses the Theora Playback Library. I wish lordbate had the time or inclination to release some documentation on how to get this up and running. Has anybody got this to work using a compiler other than MSVC?
Nyx Erebos

Post by Nyx Erebos »

Maybe a little late :(

As I understand this message (with my little experience on windows programming), you're using a method from a library that you either didn't link with your project or linked at the wrong moment (the order in the project -> build options -> linker settings -> add, is important).

Or it's something totally unrelated :lol:
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

It looks like he is linking a library built with a different compiler.

<rant>Never a good idea to rant - you may simply show the world your ignorance.</rant>