IrrExt - Is now up and running!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

How about IrrProjects :wink:

P.S
JP: If we were food, I would be a fine summer wine that will be divine any time. What about you? every good wine needs a cracker :lol:
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

JP wrote:But maybe these library addons can be listed on the IrrExt page (if it's a website, not sure what is is :lol:) or maybe we could create another similar project called something like IrrLib which lists all the library addons you can use with Irrlicht?
The Wiki is thought for such things. There are several project categories where you can add such stuff. The Wiki is also linked from the Irrlicht website, maybe we could also put a direct link to the project screenshots page.
Pure documentation projects are probably not really attractive, I guess we should improve on the existing means. The IrrExt project is thought to collect small projects in order to host the code and support further development at a central location and in sync with Irrlicht release cycles.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

So where can I add my engine in the Irr-Wiki? :wink: - To which category :?:
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi! Very nice announcement! If I can retype my FPS camera rig using a proper coding style, I could put that component to the extension? (It's only an include file). :roll:

Congrat for the idea! :)
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

christianclavet wrote:Hi! Very nice announcement! If I can retype my FPS camera rig using a proper coding style, I could put that component to the extension? (It's only an include file). :roll:

Congrat for the idea! :)
I'd like to see that very much!

P.S
I have a lot of free time now so if you need any help cleaning up your awesome code I'd love to help.
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

I really don't understand why irrAI can not be in irrExt :(.
As I understand you don't need to recompile anything in irrlicht source right?
Sad, very sad :(.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

I guess because irrAI isn't a small addon but a full independent library and they maybe try to add only small projects :roll:

P.S
As I'm not familiar with Wiki-Code, can someone add a section of game engines (or with another more appropriate name) to irrWiki so I'll be able to add my engine there cause I'm not really sure where, in which section to add a reference to it :wink: .
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

MasterGod wrote:I guess because irrAI isn't a small addon but a full independent library and they maybe try to add only small projects :roll:

P.S
As I'm not familiar with Wiki-Code, can someone add a section of game engines (or with another more appropriate name) to irrWiki so I'll be able to add my engine there cause I'm not really sure where, in which section to add a reference to it :wink: .
How are you guys defining "small" or more accuracy, how are you defining the "size" of a "Ext", which unit are you using? OPerations?, data structs? , files? other? a combination?

It is clear that MasterGod engine not be and add, cause it is a complete ENGINE!, but not IA.
Zeuss

Post by Zeuss »

Gah, didnt notice my own thread was getting replies :oops:

The IrrExt is currently in 3 sections:

Plugins/Extensions - like your custom scene nodes etc, these will be what is included in the major releases. I/we (hopefully me and bitplane are thinking the same thing) are planning that all similar extensions will be packaged together, how course/fine similar packages are is still to be determined, whether it will be something like all irr::scene namespace plugins as one package, and all irr::video plugins as another, it probably cannot be as simple as that with custom scene nodes probably having their own materials and the such.

Engine Patches - Anything that changes the irrlicht engine source itself. These probably won't have any major releases inless the owner wants to put the time in to do so. It will more be a place for collating additions.

I have not looked at irrAI so I cannot comment that much, but we do have a wrapper section (the 3rd section), which is for physics wrappers etc. There is not much reason why we can't have an externals section for an external but still a plugin library for irrlicht, with the owner managing major releases but again in a centralised location.

I want everyone to get credit for their hard work, and it would be great to get everyones hard work in 1 place for everyone to find and use. There is no reason to reject an addition to irrlicht even if it is virtually its own library if everything is organised enough.

On the subject of size, a rought measuing stick is for something being too large is when it is not really an addition to irrlicht, but encompasses it instead like MasterGod's engine.
Help make Irrlicht even Better! Create and submit your own Irrlicht Extension
Want a Games Education? Try The Academy of Interactive Entertainment
christianclavet

Hi, Is there any news about this project?
christianclavet

Hi, Is there any news about this project?
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Bump!

What's going on?

Any news?

I'd like to look into what's in there.

Things I'm interested in:

1) Deferred shading.

2) Soft shadows.

3) Self shadowing.

4) Poly-lights

5) Tree generators

Thanks.
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

You are free to browse the svn tree at any time :)

As for official releases, I'm not aware of any plans so far.
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
kingdutch

Post by kingdutch »

More bumpy
if (msg.getRubbishFactor() > rubbishLimit) { ignorePost(); cout << how it should be done << "\n"; }
Halan

Post by Halan »

Hm Hybrid wrote that Klaskers GUI is now maintained in irrExt but there hasn't been any work on it since 9 months or so.

Please you guys take a look at my new new gui skin(http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 383#175383) and maybe merge it with irrExt.

greetings,
Halan