Cost of a 3D animated toon model

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
REDDemon
Developer

Cost of a 3D animated toon model

Post by REDDemon »

Ehi, anyone aware of how expensive is requesting the creation of a 3D animated toon character for mobile with something like 10 animations?

Assume a lowpoly toon-squirrel model, how much would that cost to me? :) It just need diffuse map (hand Painted, I love that look). No other textures.

A example (this one has facial animations, I do not need full facial animations btw)

Also this one is a good example of the quality I'm trying to achieve

Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Re: Cost of a 3D animated toon model

Post by chronologicaldot »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "hand-painted". Turbosquid has lots of options < $100
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/squ ... in_price=1
If you like the model but it's not in the format you want, I think they will do conversion for you for free.

Are you looking for something like this?
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/sq ... max/666191
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Those require quite an effort, so expect them expensive.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

Update. Yeah I expected that expensive, I was searching for "unique" models, not models reselled to all people. I asked on some graphics-forums. Seems a good model
could cost 300-500€ (maybe less if it is not too complex, most time would be texturing and rigging, modelling part is usually the smaller for professionals), and 20-40€ just for each animation. Seems like uinque models are 10-20 times more expensive than "store models". The above ice element could cost something like 700€ if done with a decent amount of animations O_O (and solely for your game).
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

sounds about right, depending highly on quality level though - generally if you're for something simple you can get it as cheap as $100-200, for something super nice with a bunch of animations though? Pretty spot on (source: I occasionally do 3D models for people (I even do batch prices, figure it helps offset dev costs and gives me a larger guaranteed sum which helps a lot with planning my economy), but I'm terrible at hand-painting textures so I'm not even going to offer my services)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"