Could not load texture

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
ibax

Could not load texture

Post by ibax »

Hi,

I'm modeling in Maya, and I export the model to obj format. This obj+mtl file is loaded to irrEdit to create the scene file (.irr file), which is loaded using the irrlicht engine.

Unfortunately I have sereral textures, which are not loaded using irrEdit, and therefore the .irr file also does not contain any information about it. It remains black. The log shows: Could not load texture: ...
All the texture files are jpg files, and those which are not loaded, does not contain any special content, simple jpg files...

Can somebody help me? What can be the problem?

Here it an example texture file...

CuteAlien
Admin

Re: Could not load texture

Post by CuteAlien »

We can't say much about irrEdit (it's not part of the Irrlicht engine), but mtl files are also a simple text-format. So maybe look at the texture information there if anything looks strange.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
ibax

Post by ibax »

Hello all,

I found the solution! irrEdit loads the texture files from the directory, what is set for him in the Options menu -> Working directory.
If I place my .obj and .mtl + texture files to another directory, irrEdit tries to load the textures from the previously set working directory. If I place new textures to the modified directory, those texture files won't load.
The mtl file does not contain path information of the textures, maybe this is the reason that I have to set the working directory first!

ibax
ibax

Post by ibax »

I always set the "Working directory" to that directory, where my irr and mtl files are located.
And I restart irrEdit each time, when I modify the Working directory path.