3D Model Animation Tools

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
REDDemon
Developer

Re: 3D Model Animation Tools

Post by REDDemon »

That's really much money. 3dmax is suited only for peoply using it actively. For people like me wich is using model tools randomly and is main a developer that is just a waste of money.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
IrrGnu

Post by IrrGnu »

I like Wings3D a lot since i am a noob at modeling and it's very easy to use.
I like the sound of easy to use, but does it do animations and animations with skeletons? The tools list doesn't show it under the animation section and the website doesn't include animations in the list of features
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

To all those who don't like to use blender, because it seems too hard. Think to yourself, do you really want to make 3d models and animate them? Do you want a free program to do it? If yes, get blender and just learn to use it, because it's just not going to get any easier no matter what 3d program you use. I've used several 3d tools in my past and honestly I can NOT figure why the professional tools like maya, max and xsi are so expensive. And they're just as hard to learn and use properly. Any other tools like the often mentioned wings3d, misfit, and winds3d are just toys and they will never really make you happy. But the fact is most of the people on these forums are programmers not 3d artists. The truth is though that making proper 3d work is just as hard if not harder than programming. My advice: if you ever want to get good results and not limit yourself, stay away from the 'easy to use' 'simple' 3d programs, they're just fun toys. Instead do it right and learn the full thing!
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

couldn't have said it better myself!
Blender was a pain to learn, but well worth it (and the thing I do the most!)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"